New here

Davev333

Dirt Disciple
Hell guys I have a 1995 Gt RTS 2 that I bought new, and just embarked on a Zaskar le rebuild, got the frame front rear mech judy's xc, paneracer smoke & dart. Got a lot still to get but it's coming on.
I have bought xt shifters and brake levers from dirtydozen "jonandjen2006" still waiting on a reply after payment from them. Need to get v brakes and wheels next lol
I must say I'm loving messing about with these old bikes. Rode out on the rts the other day it seems to ride much easier than my new Scott full sus, not that I do much riding now lol

Leave!

Leave now while you still can... if you linger much longer you will never be free of the desire to buy and build wonderful bikes from the 80's and 90's.

Oh, just read the Zaskar bit, clearly it's too late and you are now one of US. :twisted:

Welcome friend, pull up a chair. :mrgreen:

He's right! Toooooooo Late. Lots of shiny things on here. Dont need anything? Doesn't matter. Might come in use one day.......

and so it begins.....

thanks for the welcome people, no going back now well there is really it all going back lol.
I have lost touch with modern bikes but back in the day there was all that xt, xtr and all that shiny very pricey stuff now i can have lol.
Used to race years and years ago in the midland super series only playing at it but loved it.
Not done much on MTB for some years life moves on i surppose get into other things.
My RTS was looking a little sorry for its self judys had crumbled no shine grips ruff nothing to bad so i though im going to do her up. So did still waiting for springs ! lol and as i was looking over the net i came across a pic of the Zaskar le the last one and thought thats nice.
The rest is going on now polished the frame up got some bits for it forks stripped and painted ect ect. Just cant get enough of it at the mo lol

Oh Lordy, you already have a severe case of RetroBiker, there is not cure.

Once you are back on two wheels, have a look in the regional section, as there are regular rides (on and off road).

We always welcome a new victi... erm, enthusiast into the fold.

Back