Gt Avalanche 1996

Bart_75

Dirt Disciple
Time to post my project here.
I can't hide my love for the GT's and also not when i see this nice Gt frame for a bargain price (20 euro).
Sadly it has some dents @ the down tube but i forgive it and i don't see this for a reason for not building this one up.
The decals says it's a Gt but for the rest i have no identification , Pantera, Avalanche or something else.
The owner said it is a Gt Avalanche from 1996 so i guess i believe him.
I couldn't resist to pick it up and yes it's time for my first project here @ retrobike.
For the moment i'm busy collecting parts and already found some parts .
I'm gonna use the second post to put al my parts that are gonna be used for building this Avalanche.
In my mind i have something up to do with this bike, it's depends on the parts that i find.
Let's hope this turns out very well.

dscn4178q.jpg

dscn4180s.jpg

dscn4182.jpg

dscn4183j.jpg

dscn4184.JPG

I love this rigida wheels, strange that the front wheel is spoked different way
dscn4252tl.jpg

nj8n.jpg

ck4.JPG

q0jn.jpg

gq4c.jpg

ziit.jpg

And then it was time top polish it with a nice product , Belgom Alu Polish

dscn4257v.jpg

and after a while it started to look very nice
dscn4260f.jpg

dscn4259b.jpg

dscn4258e.jpg

This is the first polish, when the bike is builded up i'm gonna give it a second polish before i put the decals on it.

The History Man":tl24xt9t said:
Nice polishing. What grade of paper? And do you eat lots of salad then? :LOL:

Paper grade was 1200 grid, it was the highest grade of sand paper available @ my local store.
What paper to use for the best result?
About the salad, yes yes...very healty :LOL: and afterwards very usefull as you can see :)

Bart_75":2d93h4rs said:
The History Man":2d93h4rs said:
Nice polishing. What grade of paper? And do you eat lots of salad then? :LOL:

Paper grade was 1200 grid, it was the highest grade of sand paper available @ my local store.
What paper to use for the best result?
About the salad, yes yes...very healty :LOL: and afterwards very usefull as you can see :)

Just scouting round for tips as I've got an incoming project at the weekend that will require major work. Would wire wool (1000) work also?

Back