What do you do when your Cannondale gets no bids on eBay?

Re: What do you do when your Cannondale gets no bids on eBay

I know mate.... I was just justifying it to myself :D

Racin'snake":3s7gy3e4 said:
Antstark":3s7gy3e4 said:
My offer was based on comparative condition for equally aged/rare bikes.....although it was and is pretty low spec. Retailed for between £400 and £500 I seem to remember.

and yes..most of us (thanks to your help quite often Kurt :D ) do pick up XT equiped bikes for the price of a half decent meal.

Racin'snake":3s7gy3e4 said:
I would say £140 is very generous.....still nice bike though.....I love old dales. It still amazes me on a daily basis how sellers value their bikes???? on what info are they assuming such values?....the original price tag???!!! Most of us(yes most of us ;-) ) regularly buy complete xt/dx/lx bike for the price of a few beers. Rant done.
Rant not aimed at Mr Stark at all :) Just stupid ebay sellers. :)

I particularly like the sellers who clearly try to shill you, as they think their bike is worth more than the latest bid. Shame on them as I like to wait until the dying moments of the Auction then promptly remove my bids, leaving them with the fees and then await the message offering it to me for the last bid price. I think a lot of sellers who have "ridden the bike only twice" don't have a grasp on reality and think it's worth £100's more than the going rate. I think bikes are probably one of the fastest things to depreciate as soon as you walk out of the bike shop. Delusional perhaps if they had at it with spanners and allen keys they may get back what they think it's worth but that involves hard work and effort.

Regards

Liam

My favourite are the 'upgrades' or 'restorations'

You see a nice bike and then notice that it has a hotch potch array of replaced parts for modern equivalents (often crap ones at that)

These guys are normally asking a premium for their (or their LBS') amazing handiwork and all you can do is chuckle and click on as they have destroyed any viability in the bike as a project

Latest posts

Back