1986? Ross Mt Hood

JoeG

Retro Guru
I just bought this tonight off of Craigslist for $150.

The lady I bought it from said that she was the second owner. Believe it or not, it still has a reflector on the front as well as one on the front wheel and even the dork disk is still intact! :shock: She said that she bought it from a friend when he got a new bike. I got the owner's manual that has 5/86 written on it along with the shop name and phone. There's some rust on the frame, but the wheels spin smoothly and there is no play in the hubs. There is play in the BB, and the freehub is a bit sticky.

I realize that the bike is nothing extraordinary or worth big bucks. I just want to clean it up, tune it up, and have a period correct retro rider. I put Liquid Wrench on every threaded fastener right after I took the photos!

Did I do OK for $150?

DSCN1316_zps239c73fd.jpg

DSCN1341_zpseec16469.jpg

DSCN1318_zps8aa03e4f.jpg

DSCN1319_zpse56c127a.jpg

DSCN1321_zps7c64e675.jpg

DSCN1322_zpsca4a6fdd.jpg

DSCN1324_zps0385621b.jpg

DSCN1349_zps86321f78.jpg

THAT my friend is a piece of history and $150 is an absolute bargain. :shock: Lovely bike. Take the rack off and get her dirty.

I would love a Ross Mt Hood... Do these come up often? Don't think they made it to Europe.

I like that a lot. Is it worth $150?

BBC bikes certainly think so! ;-)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 0562566907

In case you've not come across them BBC have a selection of incredible bikes at quite ridiculous prices. BUT they don't bother with something unless its pretty special (as with mombat).

I'd say you did very well! Love the brakes.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back