My next build. Maple leaf content...

New rotors fitted... I'd forgotten how huge a 203 looks, especially with a 160 on the back!

IMAG0073_zps6255ad2d.jpg

Looking good mate. Have you been out on it much?

Does the shock just have a longer stroke or is the overall length longer? Just wondering if its steepened the head angle and raised be bottom bracket.

Mindmap3":ffn3x6ke said:
Looking good mate. Have you been out on it much?

Does the shock just have a longer stroke or is the overall length longer? Just wondering if its steepened the head angle and raised be bottom bracket.

I've just been out for a spin on it now to bed the rotors in.

The shock is 10mm longer eye to eye but it's made virtually no noticeable difference. I think the forks are slightly longer than the RC40s too so the angles haven't changed.

Here's a before and after, so you can get an idea of the angles etc:

Before:
601672_10201400450796992_378559429_n.jpg

After:
IMAG0073_zps6255ad2d.jpg

delihustler":12lfr0qq said:
What the xt crank with an e13 bashguard?

Yep. I've realised how much I don't like ISIS. Creak creak creak and the bottom bracket is only a couple of months old, if that :roll:

You should try my Hollowtech 2's last BB lasted for 3 years. This one about 6 months :(

I've got some copperslip grease if you want to try that.

I gave up on ISIS a long time ago...it was poo. When I worked in a shop, we had a massive box of Truvativ ones in the workshop that was used to give to customers when they bought theirs back dead.

I've always had good life out of the HTII ones...even Race Face ones. The old Shimano Octalink ones were good too.

Back