The saddle lottery

With brooks its important you proofided the underside and don't buff it off if used without mudguards.

I'm hoping mines comfy when it's bedded in :D

Rolls is my favourite otherwise, want to try a flite and a turbo next :D

Hated my go on spoons!!

saulus":c6l0ro3l said:
Saddle hunting for the right one for the girlfriend was a saga.. Trial & error prevailed on the 5th one.

I'm lucky that the saddle I like the most aesthetically is the one I find comfiest.. Flite
But an early Selle Turbo goes along nicely too I find.
A win/win for form AND function for once. Hooray!

Ditto |lites seem to fit me just so - even got tyhe re issued original on my Modern.
The 93 -95 Specialized Prolong seemed to fit me nicley too, though hard to find nowadays.

I do remember a Vetta TT that was excruciating, all very personal and a pain in the obvious finding the right one.

Chopper1192":2djut8zj said:
Yeah, the Charge Spoon series has had rave recviews but to me feels like sitting on the blade of a shovel. These reviewers forget everyone's arse is different, his making his sort of review largely redundant.

Cheapo Velos suit my firm buttocks best, and can be had branded as Barello or is OE on many Giants, Pinnacles etc, and can range in price from nothing to £60 depending on the brand name printed on it

Looks like you might have to find a very good friend to give your buttocks a squeeze to test their firmness.

Sorry,im not volunteering ;)

Spend my time on two selle XOs but not at once. Just enough padding to be comfortable. And a WTB speed V for a treat on short rough rigid rides.

That sounds wrong.

I went for a 15 mile ride tonight and before I went I swapped the Madison Flux, same as a Charge Spoon, from my "shopping bike" to my hard tail and I found it much more comfortable than the Selle Italia SLR XC Gel Flow that was on there. The Selle Italia is stupidly light, but with very minimal padding and is perhaps a bit narrow for me, so I start to feel uncomfortable after about 10 or 15 miles.

I'll leave the Flux on for a while and see how I feel about it after a few more rides.

I always used to like the Bontrager C20 saddle. Comfy and had quite narrow sides so it was always relatively easy to slide off the back should you need to. Just bought a new cheapo Selle Italia thing because both my C20s are now well past their sell by date. Slightly worried how I'm going to get on with the new one!

WTB Rocket V Ti seems to be the best mix of comfort, looks and weight for me. Had it for about a decade...

Ive found the 'rolls' to be quite comfortable in the past,as long as its still newish,seems they like all settle a bit :? At the moment though Im on an SDG bel-air and im finding it pretty good for my skinny ass. Its a bit plusher that im used to but so far its been ok.
*Used to thin saddles like the bassano :D

Back