Alpinestars cro mega dx frame

Well I read the specs incorrectly and had the front edge of the dropout set to 403mm when measured from the middle of the bottom bracket shell, it seemed to work fine. In fact that measurement should be to the middle of the axle slot, see catalogue page.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/9 ... s_1991.pdf

That dimension is correct for 91 or 92 estay frames, but I don't know what you've got.

I would have thought if you get the axle slot sides fairly parallel it would be close enough, but then I have slack standards!

Strangely I am also called Ad (Adam) and have also just bought a 91 Cro mega which has the same problem :? I only received the frame this week and only unpacked it properly last night and put it on wheels to find that the drive side dropout wouldn't easily accept the axle. I've experienced this before on a different frame so not too worried but seeing your thread made me smile. Good luck and put up some pics of the build.

Managed to tweak the drop out today so that the rear wheel would fit, then to my horror discovered the wheel was massively tracked to the left hand side, as I bought the frame separately I have no idea of its past and what has happened.
Fortunately a friend who works in a body shop thinks its recoverable so fingers crossed.
Makes you wonder what sort of person would sell a frame "as straight and structurally sound" when it's quite clearly not.
I have invested to much in parts, paint, stickers and man hours to be put off now, she will be rebuilt stronger and straighter than the day she was born!

Nope not yet I will get the frame straight first and then check the wheel,
Just when I thought I was getting close to riding her

Back