Tools and helping hand sticky!

tonedeaf101

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After reading the post about LBS's not always knowing much about retro bikes. I thought it might be a good idea for anyone willing, to put their name forward to help local fellow bikers with either person to person guidance, tool borrowing or team work getting the job done.
Most folks have the common spanners and Allen keys etc but sometimes there is a need for more specific tooling or jobs. Or they might just not be confident in doing it themselves. I'm not suggesting we all send tools off to strangers, more you meet up and do some karma for a fellow enthusiast.
I'd be happy to help anyway :D

So I will start the ball rolling with tools or tasks :)

I'm in Stroud, Gloucestershire and can do :-

General bike maintenance & setup.
Metric thread cutting.
Bearing press.
BB removal.
Ultrasonic cleaning.

Northampton and Milton Keynes areas. Can do and have the tools for most things, but can not cut new threads (can tap old or damaged one's) or weld. Happy to muck in and help any local RB'ers that need it.

Pop into your local ride section and ask around in there or come along to a ride and find out.

You can find me in there or on a Wednesday night somewhere around the Welton pub or parked near a White phone box or out on a ride with the local retrobike Hull area crowd.:)
We can do anything, sort of.

(no offence but the other helping hand thread we have got long and no one bothers to search through it from what I see, that and we need another sticky like a hole in the head, you already need to scroll halfway down a high res screen ;)))

New Forest West, my specialities are:

Magura rim brake bleeding and setup
Threaded headsets and old style BBs (got all the adjustment spanners etc)

Totally agree with FluffyChicken's comments!

However, that said, Exeter (and surrounding) I'm happy to help

Back