lets see your retro road action photos ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Nob":ifqleh8i said:
Me in 1983 H25/3 on my way to a short 57 note my bandaged finger as I lost my nail the day before...

Lots of classic TT gear in that shot including Cinelli M71 pedals?

The massive difference in styles is reflected in the times: Nob did a short 57 and in my event I did a long 59. I know you can't compare different events 5 years apart and I was never half the rider Nob was/is but.....

Mark.

Old Ned":1p02ioxz said:
You want RB'er photos? Here's another of me in '86 riding the Tandem Club 25 mile championship in rather inclement weather (!) on the K24 course near Coventry. I'm with my mate also called Paul (and who also had ginger hair and a moustache) and we did 55-03. It was a bit dodgy on the several roundabouts on this course. The photo was taken with about a mile to go - and the pressure was beginning to show!

Fantastic picture Paul - a real "turning ourselves inside out" shot. How big was that chainring though?

I like the way stoker Paul's socks are still white while yours are quite frankly shocking!

Mark.

daccordimark":37enh1dj said:
Old Ned":37enh1dj said:
You want RB'er photos? Here's another of me in '86 riding the Tandem Club 25 mile championship in rather inclement weather (!) on the K24 course near Coventry. I'm with my mate also called Paul (and who also had ginger hair and a moustache) and we did 55-03. It was a bit dodgy on the several roundabouts on this course. The photo was taken with about a mile to go - and the pressure was beginning to show!

Fantastic picture Paul - a real "turning ourselves inside out" shot. How big was that chainring though?

I like the way stoker Paul's socks are still white while yours are quite frankly shocking!

Mark.
I think it was a 62 - but could have been 64! It was used with a 13 sprocket, no 12's then.

I got all the rain and grime from the front - but he had the wet *rse :twisted:

That shot was the Holme Valley 10 wasn't it. How did you do on that miserable excuse for a TT course?

Midlife":123uceuf said:
............I think Alf removed several sprockets to save weight :D

Shaun

Yes, he only had the top three. 15 to start, 14 to accelerate and 13 to push to the finish.

Excel":2quvzqpo said:
....fast time indeed but were PMP cranks beneficial or mainly psychological?
Nob":2quvzqpo said:
Me in 1983 H25/3 on my way to a short 57 note my bandaged finger as I lost my nail the day before...
[/

Well all my PB's were set on PMP :) & they just felt smooth when I used to use a 55x13 gear most of the time when I set them in the 80's at 10 & 25 miles. I love them no matter what the techno boffins say & Sir Ian Cammish set a 100 record on a set so they did not do him any harm. I have his set with me & also have a brand new unused set of 175'S also as I use 177.5's

Redress the balance a bit:
I am near the top of Redhill south of Bristol, 1954, obviously the first time round.

The dear lady in the national hundred 1972 or 3, turning 55/53 with 13, 14, 15,17,19. Those marvellous Clement 6 ounce silks too.

Are / were all the members here time trialists.

Attachments

• BB11small.jpg
    BB11small.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Kb1954s.jpg
    Kb1954s.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 199
Back