RC100 £650 BIN

Little update for those interested:

Acor non-drive cranks completely shot! Square taper a complete mess (see pic). I guess whoever owned it before had no idea that it was loosening and just kept riding. Drive side seems alright.

Forks are completely bottomed out. I've never been inside an RC35, but I'm assuming the elastomer configuration must be all over the place, unless it's missing them altogether. Alternatively I'm just being a bit thick (RC100s are a bit before my time).

Have a look at photos of the BB set up, doesn't actually feel too bad, but not very convincing. Again I have no knowledge of press fit BB cups, so don't really know what's going on here. I'm sure there are plenty of you on here that can enlighten me?

Can anyone confirm what the rear hub is, I wasn't aware that pace made them in silver (seems almost unbranded)?

I've looked for damage to the frame, but all seems ok surprisingly, did they do a jet black RC100?

For those interested I think the total price was £600 on the money. I was hoping I could sell off a few parts (cranks and rear mech) to recoup some of that, but I guess the cranks aren't worth much anymore.

Might have to open a case on ebay as there are a number of pretty major issues that weren't mentioned.

Another ebay frustration to add to the rest, one day I'll learn to resist the temptation of the 'buy it now'!

Attachments

• acor.jpg
    acor.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 410
  • pace fork.jpg
    pace fork.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 410
  • pace wheel.jpg
    pace wheel.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 410
  • royce bb.jpg
    royce bb.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 410
retrokona":3qxruq4a said:
the rear hub is a BullsEye one.
:)

Doesn't look like one to me - missing the flanges. Looks more like an American Classic or Kingsbury

The bottom bracket shell has been narrowed quite a bit judging by the facing going back to the welds.
I remember a black R100 on Ebay about 3 years ago with a modified BB, running taper cranks.

Rear hub definitely a Pace threaded rear hub, they used to have the earlier "serif" style decals in Black but they always peeled off very easily

RC100 BB shells are 95mm in width, to skim this down to 68mm and then cut BB threads will have taken the crank arms very close to the chain stays unless the BB spindle is very long...

Looks like a heavy re-paint, you should be able to see the Frame number on the BB shell, if it's a re-paint this will probably be full of paint ~ would be interesting to know the frame number?

Fork elastomers will have broken down I would guess, case of undoing the long Allen bolts at the bottom of each leg and sliding them off, would guess you will find a load of perished bits

Tim (justbackdated) or Pace still sell spares

Good luck :)

That BB shell does look to have been skimmed down... look where it's bit into the weld!

Silly question... it's not the ex Steve Worland Black RC100 is it? That one was on here in pristine nick up to a couple of years ago... Hope this is a different aftermarket black one - as the ex Steve one was on my bucket list! :D

Nah, not Steve Worland's Pace, think RC300 may have that still? Cliff Ponting at Royce would be able to advise you about the bottom bracket, possible that the shell has been threaded to accept the Royce bb?

As advised, remove the outer carbon legs via the Allen bolts at the bottom of the legs and slide them off, you'll probably come across some elastomer butter!!

Rich

So,

Turns out the seller is really dishonest and unhelpful. After a fair bit of correspondence, in which he refused to take responsibility for any of his inaccuracies, he's gone completely quiet. Refusing to return any emails.

Looks like I'll be sending this one back. Such a frustrating waste of time and excitement. Not to mention the loss of the return postage!

Sorry everyone, this is a dead thread now, probably see it back on ebay soon without any amendments...

Back