What do you do when your Cannondale gets no bids on eBay?

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: What do you do when your Cannondale gets no bids on eBay

Looks pretty tidy and original for an 88. Probably not even worth their original asking price though :D

Antstark":38je6ur9 said:
Looks pretty tidy and original for an 88. Probably not even worth their original asking price though :D

It does look nice mate, when I saw that it hadn't sold I signed in to eBay to make him an offer..... only to realise that it had been relisted for £600!! :roll:

Well.....i made them an offer for what i thought it is worth .......will see :D

Well my rather cheeky £140 offer was duly knocked back :D

Antstark":36kngwza said:
Well.....i made them an offer for what i thought it is worth .......will see :D

I would say £140 is very generous.....still nice bike though.....I love old dales. It still amazes me on a daily basis how sellers value their bikes???? on what info are they assuming such values?....the original price tag???!!! Most of us(yes most of us ;-) ) regularly buy complete xt/dx/lx bike for the price of a few beers. Rant done.

My offer was based on comparative condition for equally aged/rare bikes.....although it was and is pretty low spec. Retailed for between £400 and £500 I seem to remember.

and yes..most of us (thanks to your help quite often Kurt :D ) do pick up XT equiped bikes for the price of a half decent meal.

Racin'snake":t3th3m4e said:
I would say £140 is very generous.....still nice bike though.....I love old dales. It still amazes me on a daily basis how sellers value their bikes???? on what info are they assuming such values?....the original price tag???!!! Most of us(yes most of us ;-) ) regularly buy complete xt/dx/lx bike for the price of a few beers. Rant done.

Antstark":ym75rfzm said:
My offer was based on comparative condition for equally aged/rare bikes.....although it was and is pretty low spec. Retailed for between £400 and £500 I seem to remember.

and yes..most of us (thanks to your help quite often Kurt :D ) do pick up XT equiped bikes for the price of a half decent meal.

Racin'snake":ym75rfzm said:
Rant not aimed at Mr Stark at all :) Just stupid ebay sellers. :)

Agreed with all above. He should have took the £140. With Exage on it that is about tops

With XT on it he'd be looking at over £200

£600? Maybe in 20 years time perhaps!

I reckon we should all watch it so he gets really excited!

Back