ELEVEN chainring

rbike

Dirt Disciple
Found some new Eleven chainring for cranks. It has 22 teeth, 5 holes (so an older version I guess) and is made out of aluminium.

Anyone knows anything about it? Is it any good for mtb?

Thanks.

You would need to measure the bolt circle diameter to figure out what cranks it fits for sure although with that few teeth I would be 99% sure it's either to fit shimano mtb compact or suntour microdrive cranks. The odds are on it being a shimano fitting as suntours were discontinued earlier.

Measured between hole centers and is aproximately 34,5mm (1,34inch). Not very accurate measurement though. I guess +- 0,5mm.

It don't fit on an old Alivio (39,5mm - 1,53inch) though.

I was wondering if this chainring would last, since I only used steel rings since now and I don't know anything about alu chainrings. On forums they say, that are too soft, so wear is the problem...

rbike":1j8t8iw8 said:
I was wondering if this chainring would last, since I only used steel rings since now and I don't know anything about alu chainrings. On forums they say, that are too soft, so wear is the problem...

It's a granny gear so unless you are forever climbing mountains it should last for ages.

Back