Impromptu Rides & Chat Thread

I've put another spoke in it (it's 1mm too short, but hey ho all I had near that length, just a bit of thread showing...)
But the wheels not the straightest and I cannot find my spokey so not sure how hard it'll be. Depends on the nipples probably.

Chain off the top ring job ?
You could also do with stripping the hub and giving the old bearing a bit of grease, it bone dry and a bit gritty. Smooth though.

Aye spotted it was a bit grumbly when I stripped the tyre off after the ride on Sunday, anything you can do to straighten it will be appreciated though, beer tokens, pint after wed's ride, favours will be owed happily to you!

Only the one on my lava dome, but that's got my continental road slicks on at the mo, rears alright to change but the front rim seems to hug tyre beads, splash backs are a cnut to fit :-(

Needs must ill bung em on and ride rigid on wed's night for hero status lol!

I have a ride planned with Nigel from Hull, this coming Saturday starting from Willerby square car park at the end of the old railway embankment. We are riding from Willerby to Hornsea following the Trans Pennine Trail. Nice steady ride, no rushing.

All comers welcome.

Let's say for now that we are meeting at 09:00AM for a 09:30AM start. 30 miles round trip with Fish and Chips for dinner.

Im up for that one since its my saturday off, and its on the doorstep lol

Hi all, more details for this Saturdays impromptu Willerby to Hornsea ride:

The local contingent will know where this is but....

09:00 Meet for an 09:30 start (This can be changed if you want to meet later)

Start in the car park next to Hebblewhite's Flower Box opposite the police station in Willerby Square:

Hebblewhite's Flower Box
1 Beverley Road
Kirk Ella,
Hull,
HU10 7AA

01_zps0cc62551.jpg

Finish at the seafront next to the chip shop in Hornsea.

02_zpse7380d0b.jpg

The ride will be steady, rated at 2/5 and runs from Willerby, along the old disused railway embankments, into Hull. We will stop in the old town area for a few minutes, a great chance to grab a buttie if you need a breakfast. We will then drop onto the Trans Pennine Trail, next Stop Hornsea.

The round trip will be in the region of 30+ miles but the landscape is like a billiard table so it will be very easy going. No racing on the day unless you have some childish Strava segment to work on hehe. If you get too tired we'll stop and rest, if you want to turn around and go back feel free. If anyone from out of town drops out I'll gladly help them find their way back to the start point.

Fish and chips at the seaside on what may very well be a nice sunny day.

Usual common sense rules apply.

No Helmet No Ride

Atkinson's right next to that carpark should be open for breakfast and a coffee.
The carpark is free but park near the bottom.
There are banks, Sainsburys local next door as well. Cooplands or one of them ones etc...
Oh and public toilets.

Back