Fuquay

The seller had a couple of pairs of forks for sale as well, but neither were made by Greg, so the originals have either disappeared at some point, or the bike was fitted with suspension forks.

Anyone got any clues about the frame number? I'm sort of assuming 1994.

I am fancying a black and blue build. I already have a USE seatpost in blue, so black stem, blue bars, black X-Lite bar ends, as you can never get bars and ends to match, black Hope headset, seat clamp and hubs, Mavic XC717 rims and black spoke.......

Gonna stick my neck out and say yeah '94 or newer. Can't remeber exactly which year he ceased production and upped-sticks, but I know 90-92 stuff didn't have the armadillo signature, based on the MBUK feature I read BITD..

I don't think much newer than 94, as it has a canti hanger on the back, so unless it was built for a traditionalist, that would make it pre 96/7.

I am assuming that as Greg is an aerospace engineer, the frame number means something. Possibly the sideways 7 denotes tube type or frame size, 94 is the year and 262 is the sequential production number.

Alternatively, I could be talking total ballhicks.

I like the colour scheme. I think it needs a kona p2 forks with the same paint fade.

Nader":pxac39u0 said:
I like the colour scheme. I think it needs a kona p2 forks with the same paint fade.

Strangely enough I was looking at some triple butted P2's in the classifieds earlier.

I'm due to call into Argos Cycles next week and I'll ask Mark how much their tapered mtb fork is.

This build is on the move, as the Lloyd is still residing with Argos.

No photo's yet, but it's up on wheels with a pair of RC36's up front, and very nice it looks too.

Thank you.

I'll try to get some pictures up this week and I must get some chain rings on order, that's about the last major parts I need.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.....mine is hanging up in the shed as a frameset at the moment awaiting it's makeover....

Stu

Back