The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Can anyone please let me know the correct bottom bracket size to fit my STS frame please?

Also the correct BB axle length?

Does anyone have an XT or XTR bottom bracket or a crank set in good/mint condition with the bottom bracket for sale by any chance?

shogun":118orhpw said:
Does anyone know what stroke length a (non-DH) LTS trunnion shock is? There is a few about and I'm hoping they're 1.25 stroke like my old one so I could mate a eyelet shock body to piston and seal assy out of a trunnion shock and end up with a functioning Deluxe.

Ideas?

I'm sure they have a 1.4 inch stroke. Weird, I know but the spring on mine said 750 x 1.4 and it was the original spring for the frame.

It will likely be 1.25 then, because usually the spring generally has a greater 'stroke' so as to avoid coilbind and the rate going infinite. I think I'll click BIN!

zooma5949":1zkzdwbj said:
Can anyone please let me know the correct bottom bracket size to fit my STS frame please?

Also the correct BB axle length?

Does anyone have an XT or XTR bottom bracket or a crank set in good/mint condition with the bottom bracket for sale by any chance?

It's a 73mm BB shell. :)

The axle length will depend on which chainset you go for.

Buying this on Tuesday... Unless someone wants to talk me out of it...

3F53L53M95N45I85Hdd4n4e6fb58246081253.jpg

3Kd3Ma3Ha5Ef5H95M5d4n2c775a7a03b01d51.jpg

Looks like an 18" so would be about right. They are quite tall. BB height is very tall. I have a 16" and usually ride 20" frames. Not ridden it yet. But looks big.

Hello all!

New to this site, just got me a Gary Turner STS DH time machine.
No broken carbon/poly but the rear frame have been welded, so it has probably been down a slope or two.
Just got it through the front door, so it's time for a real cleanup. Need new decals and a bash guard thou :-/

Back