Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin 100% finished pics 9 & 10

Just to say its still being ridden weekly when I get the time! And it had a recent jolly out on the Purbecks with fellow retro riders! Will be making an appearance at Mayhem this year too!

Loving this bike...still!

Attachments

• purbecks 2.jpg
    purbecks 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 325
  • purbecks 1.jpg
    purbecks 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 325

The build of my WCF in that photo no longer reflects the bike :LOL:

Pyro Tim":20jto8u2 said:
The build of my WCF in that photo no longer reflects the bike :LOL:

What does it now have a Zolatone frame! :LOL:

(Just got my next Marin!! A 1990 Eldridge coming to me Monday! Doh!)

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin...Almost there!

wookiee":39h42qmf said:
lrh":39h42qmf said:
wookiee":39h42qmf said:
I've yet to see a BOTM that it could enter!
Could go in a normal anything-goes month... Just checked and in 8 years a Marin has never won :shock:

Not so much love for Marins, it seems that it is always something more exotic and unusual that
wins

Well got a 5th place in a normal BOTM...happy enough with that! Shame Pyro's DB got 4th tho! :LOL:

I'm just curious, but does this bike have the genuine Team Tange Prestige frame? On all the Team Marin's I've seen from this era, the rear derailleur cable ran along the top tube and down the seat stays tube? As shown in this photo:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6105/624 ... 4ec6_b.jpg

This made the Team frame unique compared to all the other Marin frames of the time. The frame shown in this thread has the cable running underneath, down the down tube and along the chain stay?

I'm just curious to know if they changed the design at some point...?!

Great job that looks really good :D i might have shed a quiet tear getting those tyres dirty though lol !
very artistic pics too .
Cheers Paul

MattScales":3v0mj0hq said:
I'm just curious, but does this bike have the genuine Team Tange Prestige frame? On all the Team Marin's I've seen from this era, the rear derailleur cable ran along the top tube and down the seat stays tube? As shown in this photo:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6105/624 ... 4ec6_b.jpg

This made the Team frame unique compared to all the other Marin frames of the time. The frame shown in this thread has the cable running underneath, down the down tube and along the chain stay?

I'm just curious to know if they changed the design at some point...?!

Hi yes this has been some cause for disscussion before...The thinking is that it is a late 1991 frame as by 1992 the rear gear cable took the route on the downtube and chainstay rather than along the top tube. It didn't have the prestige label on it when I bought it but it had the same spec as the 1991 catalogue and the decals etc...it weighs in at about 25lbs and the 1990 Eldridge I have is just under 27lbs...So I am pretty sure it is a Team....

The forks are different too for the team. almost plain gauge right to the dropouts, where, all other models have a defined taper. you do get some odd balls thrown out to the market, the factory foreman at the time would only know why :)

marc two tone":1otjuacm said:
The forks are different too for the team. almost plain gauge right to the dropouts, where, all other models have a defined taper. you do get some odd balls thrown out to the market, the factory foreman at the time would only know why :)

You should know about the forks Marc! But yes they are the same diameter all the way from the crown to the drop out...

Latest posts

Back