Glentress 6th Annual Meet: Sunday 9th June

A brilliant day and proof of the versatility of GT as a meet venue.
Once we hit the top carpark tyhe group split with a rendevous set for the top of Spooky Wood.
Kaiser, Boxer, Clubby and Keithyr took the direct route to the top via the timber roads and the spooky climb, I opted for the full red route climb and Rado for the Black route climb.
Kaiser and Boxer hit spooky first by some margin and then Boxer returned in some style it seems. Then I arrived and then Rado which is frighteningly impressive as its a long tough climb especially on an alloy xc bike with minimal fork travel. Ten or so minutes later Clubby and Keith joined us where a DH rider waxed lyrical about how cool Clubby's STS was which is undoubtably true.
Spooky back down was as usual a complete blast no matter what your rig is, rigid is way slower but its still on the edge exciting.
Then Rado and I on our more XCR specific retro kit hit the blue decent whilst the rest went red to rendevous before our next section of red. Never discount blue trail, GT has some of the best in the country, fast grin inducing stuff.
At next red section, Rado and I again bypassed the red the others took, we settled for the fast loose timber road descent I think boxer must have taken but i dont think I was anywhere near 45mph although speed drifts were possible.
We all then did the 'Pie Run' and 'Mushroom Pie' and the next red bit that I can never remember the name of but by far is my favourite section of red in the entirety of GT. Finally last little bit of red where thankfully the only crash of the meet (if you exclude my embarrasing off in the carpark at the start) by Rado because he met a rock step that should not have been there, no serious damage, some laughter.
Back up via the top carpark to the start of Blue Velvet for the return which was supposed to be non stop all the way back to the bottom carpark but was inevitably interrupted by traffic. On the descent I felt totally in the zone, the old rigid xc bike was in its element, quick steering a serious plus in twisty fast single track. Over cooked but survived 2 front wheel slides and drifted the rear on more than a few occasions. Very glad I'd fitted V-Brakes though on Electric Blue as when I crested the bridge a 3 year old child was toddling around unaware very close to my exit line, what were her parents thinking taking her down that route :shock:
The rest was the usual flat out fantastic descent that we all love at GT.
The whole day was a tonic and thanks to everyone who took part.
I'm sure some photos will emerge :D

I believe Rado blamed my fat arse for impeding his view of the rock step :LOL: . Again another top day out, really enjoyed myself and good to see some bods I've not saw in a wee while.

A great day out indeed. I've really enjoyed whole day. Went for 12h sleep when back home though :shock: To fullfill macretro tradition of crashing under ZZ absence I had to crash. Wasyn't very spectacular but it counts.

Some photies:

Macretro crew in action
DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1129.jpg

DSC_1127.jpg

Even camera couldn't handle with Velo's bike brightness hence only one blurry photo

DSC_1130.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1131.jpg

I never thought I could say that; it's a good looking bike!
DSC_1133.jpg

DSC_1134.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

Clubby and his rather lovely STS.
DSC_1138.jpg

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1136.jpg

DSC_1142.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

GT generation
DSC_1146.jpg