Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

and a few more;
25au1ds.jpg
34jf380.jpg
2vazknn.jpg
j8jup1.jpg

Very nice bike that, love the lines and work on it. I wonder whether that's on the lightweights catalogue? calling bikemeister2000 can you enlighten us regarding this racer?

Oh dear - my addiction has come to a head - a picked up this M-Trax 1500 Cromoly. STX cranks, mechs, cantis. Wienman plastic brake levers, Gripshift levers. Tatty, odd wheels but could be salvaged and refreshed!
£25 quid!

Here are some more photos of the mis treated machine. I know its not a Ti or a USA version, but she still looks good with the long stem and top tube!

Is this a bonded frame or just standard lug and tube? Its just with it having the M-Trax label I thought I should rescue it!

The front and rear wheels dont match. The rear wheel is a Mavic SUP X517 but the front is an unbranded wide alloy. The Mavic rear has very large rear tyre which barely fits within the chainstays and some slack spokes.

The bike was partially serviced and jazzed up with some silver rattle can spray paint (with overspray on the rear hub, rear tyre, chain stay, seat stay and seat tube.

The brake levers were set up as per a serious rider (pointing at 45 degrees from horizontal)

It has STX cantis, cranks and chainrings. Im guessing the front and rear mech's are the same (no labels on them).

I haven't cleaned the hubs yet to be able to ID them.

I turned the bike over to photo the frame number and spotted the Specialized label on the underside of the bars - possible upgrade at some point?

On the bars we have Gripshift with Weinman plastic brake levers and original stem.

The seat post is a mystery and the sadddle is a Vuleta.

Overall a mish mash but not too bad!

Can anybody ID the hubs and the seat post?

Can anybody ID the year of manufacture?

Also Im looking for inspiration with this bike - any suggestions on paint work etc????....

Hi ishaw,

Great build :cool:. Looks like a frame build of 1995. Starting in 1995, Raleigh sold two differend kinds of cable routing, one for the Magura brakes which had a top routing, the other one had a cable routing like the Torus of 1994 for the cantilever brake. In gerneral the dropout was changed in 1995. The decals looks like the original early 1995. At the end of 1995 there was the sticker on the headtube changed to the standard Raleigh one. Please note the attached picture of the late 1995 torus with the Magura brake system.

Best regards from Mainhatten

Back