Giant Cadex CFM 3 - advise please

Right, way over my head there... I have no clue wether its carbon or alluminium on that part off the frame,
But i think ill get that stand off yust to be sure..

Thank u all for ur input, ill be sorting the bike out the coming week, and after a ride il deside wether ill put it on marketplace or keep it...

These early carbon bikes are really ignored and under-appreciated. I just wish some appeared in a 16" so I could buy one that fit.

That's a 19 or 20". The 2 most common ways of measuring the bike's size are

1 ) from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube, commonly called C-T
2 ) from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube - seat tube intersection, commonly called C-C

You can clearly see the C-C and C-T on this pic. Ignore the numbers.
how-to-measure-a-bike-frame_terminology1.jpg

Osella":1klc6uva said:
Wasn't CFM-3 Aluminium stays...?
My old CFM-3 had carbon all round aside from the lugs, head tube and stay braces and wishbone. Very nice bikes imho, had mine kitted out with xtr and pace forks and it looked/rode nicely. I think there is a link in my sig to the build thread.

ishaw":u84dh41t said:
Osella":u84dh41t said:
Wasn't CFM-3 Aluminium stays...?
My old CFM-3 had carbon all round aside from the lugs, head tube and stay braces and wishbone. Very nice bikes imho, had mine kitted out with xtr and pace forks and it looked/rode nicely. I think there is a link in my sig to the build thread.

Yeah, I was going on the probability that it was a '94 model - which had Aluminium rear triangle. (Info available if you read German): http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/1 ... _Cadex.pdf

They are a very nice ride - and fast too!

COOL COOL, thank u all so much for the info..

I am getting more and more enthousiastic on the bike already..
I need to sort out the shifters, 1 gear doesnt seem to work yet,. i might got to my local bike store for help.
And ill probably order SPD pedals or mount the MTB pedals woth toe clips..

Verry cool u could link me that folder,. i wasnt aware off how authentic it looked,. i had seen pictures with a frontshock and had the idea that it should be like that...

Cool,. looks awsome,. really a lot to consider ,,...
Ill try to salvage the stock Deore LX for now.. But if i can get my hands on better for a good deal i might even upgrade..

My paint how ever is not in the fantastic state urs is,. wich made me think if i could mayb spray it another collour..

Back