TriBars on a MTB

If it was me, I'd go for a short-reach extension like the Vision Mini Clip Ons. Planet X are doing some Spinacchi-like extensions cheap too, but they do require some form of arm-rest IME. A semi-aero position will help, particularly with a strong headwind.

The AT4s end up giving you bugger all space for controls, like going back to a 560mm bar! Also, some brake/shifters won't go on thanks to the curves (clamps don't open far enough)

And butterfly bars, whilst good for some things, tend to be a bit bendy and bouncy on anything other than smooth gravel tracks.

I do not expect this to be in anyway a sensible solution but I have in the past when riding along a bike path into a headwind rested my hands on top of the fork legs to get a more aero position. Does anyone else adopt this position?

stevet1":3ezkxsrl said:
I do not expect this to be in anyway a sensible solution but I have in the past when riding along a bike path into a headwind rested my hands on top of the fork legs to get a more aero position. Does anyone else adopt this position?

No!!!

BITD I used to ride down hills on the road with my chin on the stem (nearly) and holding the grips from underneath (palms facing up) because it brought the elbows in and made me more aero. I stopped doing it after I came off at 40mph. :facepalm:

Well I have decided that tri bars are the work of the devil and I will never ride a bike with them ever again.

If you are slightly screamish stop reading now!

I had a slight off the other day and whilst I normally clear the bars my bits got caught on the tri bar arm rest and I very nearly castrated myself, had to go into theater to have everything put back where it should be and now have 20 stitches.

Rob H":3vvc7mvz said:
Well I have decided that tri bars are the work of the devil and I will never ride a bike with them ever again.

If you are slightly screamish stop reading now!

I had a slight off the other day and whilst I normally clear the bars my bits got caught on the tri bar arm rest and I very nearly castrated myself, had to go into theater to have everything put back where it should be and now have 20 stitches.

this post is worthless without pictures :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back