Leather 'hairnet' helmet

Thanks Steve, I had seen those but was hoping to spend a little less if possible.

I bought one from Mario for Retroronde - trouble was, despite the description and price the original straps had been replaced by some badly made ones (a 10 year old could have done a better job). I'll make some better ones for L'eroica, but disappointed all the same.

Hi Monty Dog,

Sorry to hear that - I have one of the Italian coloured hairnets which I bought from Mario (to replace one I had idiotically disposed of 25 years ago!!) and it is the identical product - as I recall my original Cinelli, bought in '88, the straps weren't that wonderful anyway.

That said, I am sure that whoever has the right to put these old Cinelli hairnets on the market has bought up a a crateful of "seconds" that can be sold NOS but which - in the 80's - Cinelli themselves would not have put on the market!! Obviously somebody saw a profit in retro!

However, my hairnet fits snugly and - considering the eyesight of most onlookers and the incredible speed at which I travel(??) - the straps will hardly ever be noticed!!

Cheers
Colnagolover

Back