Impromptu Rides & Chat Thread

Jezmellors":11doecxs said:
And I'll be at blummin work. :-(

Shame Jez as it'll be a great day judging by the weather. I'm riding the Kona I got my hands on the other week. Should be fun as I'm going to try and beat one of the segments on the ride :)

Vintage classic cars/bike/large stuff run from east park to sewerby.
Happens every year

wp78804dc5_05_06.jpg

I'm kinda cancelling my Impromptu Ride I planned for this morning due to lack of interest and feedback. I'll do a solo ride and see If I can find some new routes to exploit.

Please ignore my post from yesterday: Post subject: Re: Impromptu Rides & Chat ThreadPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 am

If anyone is interested in joining in post here soon as I will be setting off earlier otherwise.

Have a nice day now.

:)

Nice little jolly out this morning just me and Chris, you should come and join us on a sunday morning Rich if youre struggling to find regular riders?

Did about thirteen miles i think it was, i dont know myself as my strava is being ghey and wont sync my ride!

Took a few pics, this one is the 'nice little descent, with a couple of nettles to watch out for' as Chris put it....

null_zpse1a3229a.png

Chris licking his wounds after it..

null_zps37cc3039.jpg

null_zps8ed0b21d.jpg

Scenery..

null_zps722dc98e.jpg

null_zps47b5169f.jpg

Shush....

null_zps5fb20f4b.jpg

null_zps22dbdd83.jpg

null_zps22dbdd83.jpg

null_zpsd1dece35.jpg

null_zpsbb2fc99f.jpg

null_zpsa93087cb.jpg

Hi All

Had a really good ride again today. More Trans Pennine Way scouting ready for the Touring Ride and the already pencilled in August ride.

http://app.strava.com/activities/59219016

The route is proving tricky to master as the TPT is not very well signed in places, even after buying the three TPT maps I struggled to find my way. I turned around again at one point as it was time to come home.

Half way point today was the village of Elsecar so I stopped off there for a break and a snoop about:

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/

I met two guys on the tail, one riding what I think was a 1992/3 Kona Fire Mountain and another, Sam, riding a modern bike, can't remember for the life of me what it was now, both seemed to be very nice chaps indeed and shared part of my ride until we had to head our separate ways.

Pics as usual:

GEDC2557_zpsa25ebc3f.jpg

GEDC2562_zps3828fc1d.jpg

GEDC2565_zps90ec2c05.jpg

GEDC2567_zps79c281ce.jpg

Spudly was there somewhere, found his bike but no trace of him anywhere..........

GEDC2569_zpsfa14d059.jpg

GEDC2572_zps1d0ecffd.jpg

GEDC2575_zps2d41d885.jpg

GEDC2573_zpsfbcc5fe0.jpg

That looks like a right good mooch Rich, were going to have to come over one day to partake!

And I hope you're not casting dispersions on my beloved Kona?

Spudly":uaifuyjf said:
That looks like a right good mooch Rich, were going to have to come over one day to partake!

And I hope you're not casting dispersions on my beloved Kona?

dispersions plural of dis·per·sion (Noun)
Noun
1. The action or process of distributing things or people over a wide area.
2. The state of being dispersed over a wide area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

aspersions plural of as·per·sion
Noun
1. An attack on the reputation or integrity of someone or something: "I don't think anyone is casting aspersions on you".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Annoyed-facepalm-picard-l_zps5588d8cc.png

Latest posts

Back