The last bike I'll ever own.

Ripley2011

Dirt Disciple
Finally; in the right size and a minter. I can die happy (but not just yet please). Mark free (aside from a little scrape on rear mech)

Full XT, Thomson elite finishing kit, Hope Hubs (Ti I think), Hope C2 Discs, RC36 Evo.

Monday getting some Nobby Nic Evo fitted, just for a bit of knarrr factor (whatever that is)

Sodding happy.

IMG_7684_zps07c18591.jpg

I paid under market value. Seller was a complete gent as well. Bike from new raced for a couple of months, sat in garage for 9 years, then did 100 road miles.

That's it.

Taken bits off my 19" rc200 to make my ultimate rc200. Just a flite ti and some renthal bars needed!

I always preferef xt to xtr as a kit, more attainable I guess!

that is rather smart but is crying out for gold annodised bling - jockey wheels, chain ring bolts, seat post clamp, stem spacers.

unusual to see brake calliper mounted in front of the forks - are those early hope 5 bolts hubs/brake rotors?

They're hope c2's. Thinking of getting some custom hope rotors if they still do them.

Interesting point on gold jockey wheels....i could be persuaded!

Frame's a 96 so I posted in.wrong place , always thought the f6 was 99!

02gf74, as per your (correct) request.

Gold hope jockey wheels, hope gold skewers, hope gold headcap, hope gold grip doctors, replaced the DMR pins with...gold and some gold chainset bolts. (AZ somethingoranother)

..and a Selle Italia Carbonino saddle.

...and some Nobby Nic EVOs and Performance.

It's not period perfect, but I bloody love it.

Need to source some gold bolts next (any suggestions?) and see if someone will anodise the seat clamp (again, any suggestions?).

Final touch will be hope custom rotors, but I'm debating whether to do a wholesale brake & wheel replacement exercise -he C2's are immaculate, but I wouldn't mind newer (I'm just looking for an excuse to get some gold hope hubs)

Getting expensive!

Cheers, Rich

DSC_2559_zps89987981.jpg

DSC_2560_zpsbae50a07.jpg

DSC_2558_zpsf535d2c2.jpg

Latest posts

Back