Pace RC300 Red 16" - sold

The Bear

Retro Guru
My favourite bike has been ridden only once this year so has to make way for my other (more profitable!) hobby. I'm not interested in PX/swap unless you have a Nikon D3S?! :D

Edit: bike is in Portsmouth, Hants. I am happy to deliver within the county for a minimal fee. Much further than that and I would need to look into couriers but I am not against the idea.

Pace RC300 16" in red. Excellent condition, a couple of light scratches but no dents, nicks, scores or cracks and next to no chain scars (it's been SS for years). It is still a nice deep red too (unlike my virtually pink F8!!) and is 18lb in it's current guise.

Pace RC31 Carbon forks
Pace RC45 stem (black)
Easton EC90 Carbon bars
Easton EC90 carbon seat post
Mavic XC717 Disc rims on Hope PRO II (red) hubs. Black DT D/B spokes
Michelin full slicks.
Hope Mono Mini disc brakes (silver/black) - calipers spaced out.
Hope 183/160 floating discs on black rotors
Hope Ti skewers (red)
Hope A-Headset (black)
VP Bottom Bracket (literally 2 miles old!!)

All of the above is in a similar condition to the frame, the wheels were serviced at my LBS today and are running dead true.

Showing signs of use...

Selle Italia SLR saddle
Race Face Turbine crank (black)
Specialities TA 34t* chainring (black)
Gusset Double Six 13t* cog
Sachs silver chain of unknown heritage

*Exact gearing to be confirmed!!

The chain was originally a perfect fit but over the years has eventually needed a tensioner so it currently runs with a Gusset Tensioner on the rear mech hangar.

With no others generally for sale (that I can find) I am unsure of the value so I have added up what I feel the components are worth and subtracted a little bit - I know bikes are not valued that way.

As such feel free to message me with your views on this technique...... :D

The bike will be taken apart if I have no serious interest but I will not price individual components until that time. No doubt there'll be some PM'd dibs...

£900.....ish (it's a real head turner)

Re: Pace RC300 Red 16" (Complete SS bike)

Sweet baby Jesus that's nice ,going to give you a free bump as I know you wouldn't split (I'd have been intrested in frame )

Lovely bike :)

I think it's worth what you're asking but, like any complete bike, I also think you'll struggle to realise that price unless someone really really wants it.

I think your best bet is to strip it down and sell everything seperately. You might even find you'll make a bit more that way (I usually do when I split my bikes). Plus, it looks like you've already had some interest in the most expensive bit ;)

Good luck with the sale :)

Barneyballbags":1pmcwgx1 said:
Lovely bike :)

I think it's worth what you're asking but, like any complete bike, I also think you'll struggle to realise that price unless someone really really wants it.

I think your best bet is to strip it down and sell everything seperately. You might even find you'll make a bit more that way (I usually do when I split my bikes). Plus, it looks like you've already had some interest in the most expensive bit ;)

Good luck with the sale :)

Agree, a really well put together bike and should have no problem shifting it for your asking as parts.

suburbanreuben":2j5y6ij7 said:
Any pics of the other side?

I'll put some up tonight along with closer pics of hubs etc, any areas in particular? (r/h chainstay will be one)

Any further interest will be subject to PM's already received.

Christ on a bike!! :shock: That looks super skinny and ultra rapido just standing still.

The quality shines through and I'm sure a buyer will come forward.
If only it was a couple of inches bigger... (as Mrs jimo746 keeps telling me :? ).

Back