disc brake mounts problem,with pics.

Looking at that, it looks like you need your original adapter plus a post mount to IS adapter, as that caliper isn't standard post mount.

cheers Jimo,will look into that,i`m trying to finish this bike off cheap as poss for the young lad next door,so hopefully get it sorted cheapish.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: disc brake mounts?

looks like you calliper is non-standard post mount. I have not come acorss any adapters to adjust for the nearness of the bolt holes.

Now if you mount the calliper in the lower hole - the other hole to what you have in the photo below - if the pad covers the disc sufficiently, then you can make you own adapter from a striup of rectangular alloy - you would need to drill 3 holes one correspdong to the post mount and the third tapped to M6 to bolt the calliper to...... but it is likely the calliper body will interfere with the DIY adapter.

***NO - just had another look and the calliper body would get in the way of the adapter - you could use two short strips.

Re: disc brake mounts?

02gf74":1k3yqeze said:
you can make you own adapter from a striup of rectangular alloy

or... you could knock up an adapter with a couple of bits of Meccano? right? :LOL:

For the cost of a new or good used caliper that will fit correctly, you might as well go that route, maybe not what you want to hear, but I sold some Clarks cable calipers for peanuts a few months ago (we're talking £5 each or something), so compare that to the cost of buying or making an adapter, and it begins to make more sense.

nothing dodgy about a home made bracket providing it is of the correct material and shape - problem I can see you are goi ng to have is to "join" the two piece due to the calliper body being in the way but it can be done.

an example of a home made brake adatper - from 3 pieces of aluminium alloy.

Attachments

• DSC07100a.jpg
    DSC07100a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 246
You may as well get a new caliper; once you've made up the bracket conversion you'll have the problem of sourcing new pads for a prehistoric caliper that probably wouldn't work very well in tipppy top condition

suburbanreuben":2etloofw said:
You may as well get a new caliper; once you've made up the bracket conversion you'll have the problem of sourcing new pads for a prehistoric caliper that probably wouldn't work very well in tipppy top condition
your probably right,who has what for me cheap then???

Back