Experience you'd rather not repeat

EarlofBarnet":7ej3i3zr said:
gibbleking":7ej3i3zr said:
as a sparkie i must advise anyone who has been shocked who have chest pains to get checked out..better a long wait in emergancy ect then having a heart problem

In retrospect I should have gone up to A&E. Didn't half hurt! Definitely have a phobia of electrics now. Certainly couldn't do it for a living. Stick me behind a desk with some numbers an I'm happy.

as you mention it, we had a guy take a bolt 2 years ago and 'died' on the scene. he was kept going by the customer and made a full physical recovery, however after a year off and a year back with no work targets to hit, he has been pensioned off as the psych damage was too much for him. he is now to scared to open airing cuoboard doors, much less work on boiler electrics. fair play to the company though..nice big golden handshake and early final salary pension.

ive been shocked so many times now im used to it...its just a hazard of the occupation.i do tend to wear thin gloves when i work on fuse boards just as a precaution.dewalt make some nice work gloves which suit me just fine.i had three phase belt me once so hard i saw bright spots for three days and my elbows hurt like hell..

surprising how many trades dont wear gloves. i have so many types available and hit makes a huge difference to my day. i had a roof done last year and one of the roofers came down with claet everywhere having opened up 3 fingers and the side of his hand. once i'd gaffa taped and superglued his hand, he looked at me as if i were dafe when i offered him a decent set of fingerless mechanics gloves.

Back