De Kerf

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Never seen one in the flesh and a guy just rode past me on one (as I sat next to my 89 Muddy Fox Seeker). I was just feeling chuffed when I looked up to see him bunny hop up a foot high wall followed by a two foot high wall - only a hard tail too.

A good retrobike moment!

(sorry for taking up your time but I thought that was worth sharing ;-) )

A Dekerf spot is always worth sharing. I took mine into my LBS and the mechanic almost kissed me as he didn't know anyone else that owned one - I pointed out this site as there are a few on here :D

I think my one may well not have been retro - I caught a very brief, unexpected glance of it and we have (apparently) the sole UK importer of de kerf here in Brighton ("Hove actually")

Here in Blairgowrie we are saturated in the Eastern Europeans working on the farms.
I parked the Team SL outside of the Tesco supermarket and returned to my bike to find a crowd of Polish young guys and young girls surrounding my bike.
It caused a stir, with a couple of guys wanting to,sit on it.
One girl just wanted to touch it. They asked if I would hire it out.
I guess they don't get to see many Dekerf bikes in Poland.
Some bikes just have it . . . .

Most of the Czechs, Poles and other workers on the farms buy bikes from the farmers for approx £90 at the start of the season and sell them back for £40 when they leave. The bikes are a pile of cheap shite.
They are however very knowledgable and love to get out for a ride on a decent bike.

Back