noise polution advice.

Depends where you are, but some police forces do act as direct contact for these issues. In Scotland the Police will generally act immediately.

02gf74":dipip4sm said:
videojetman":dipip4sm said:
every saturday for the last 4 weeks one of my neighbours has been playing rave music very loud for around 10 - 14 hours. i have been and asked them to be considerate of myself and other neighbours. their response was one of rudeness & ignorance.
does anyone know where i stand as far as the law is concerned.
maybe mr chopper can provide some helpful advice.
on a positive note i have been spending the last few saturdays riding my bike and digging my wifes alotment.

never heard it called that before, phnarr phnarrr!!! :eek:

Struth, I knew I liked Retrobike for something :D sometimes it's just so Benny Hill :LOL: :LOL:

Alison

highlandsflyer":3fyltx02 said:
Depends where you are, but some police forces do act as direct contact for these issues. In Scotland the Police will generally act immediately.

I lived in Radford Nottinghamshire, druggy heaven, and I glanced out of the window and saw some bloke seriously beating his wife/girlfriend up, he threw her on to the road from a height, kicked her all over many times, punched her and when she fell picked her up again just so he could punch her again many times :shock: a lad that was staying with us with his boyfriend went over to the restaurant opposite and many came out to watch, the other lad called the police. The aggressor went and the first chap went to see how she was, funny she told him to F,off and mind his own bloody business :shock: the police arrived 2 hours later, WTF.

Why did they take so long and why was she so cross about help, confused me ever since.

Alison

The History Man":2kyoq4pt said:
Is BOP still on the books?
Yes it is, "an act is done or threatened to be done which harms a person or in their presence their property... etc". Alas, doesn't apply here.

The worst noise we get is for one night, maybe two, when the combine harvesters are going. There was a salad with a noisy moped, but within a week of graduating to a noisy car he augered it into a tree, leaving the rest of us in peace again.

Aah but it it does if all the neighbours may cause one as a result of noise from address and may take matter into their own hands.

Got to be more lateral ;)

I know where your coming from, but it would be the neighbours causing/likely to cause the bop. It's a bit of a crap one bop, the moment it ends you gotta release them anyway. Anyone fly in the ointment is you can't arrest bop any more, remove them a safe distance and release them because Criminal Protection Service have told us it counts as abduction. Tits.

Apart from the smelly drug users and night shifts, I'm bloody glad I'm not working custody desk any more.

when in Camden we had some very noisy neighbours who were round corner but in summer had parties and were all out in the garden till daybreak, numerous people complained to council and police, on one particularly bad occasion I phoned the police in desperation to be told that while it wasn't their responsibility they had received over 20 calls that night including one from a local phone box and that they were sending a car round as someone had threatened to petrol bomb the place.

sad reflection on society today............

The History Man":1kz8efri said:
Ways and means act!
I remember those days very well my friend. Alas, the Criminal Protection Service is dead against you not only catching a criminal, but also bringing them to trial, in case their figures were upset.

Back