noise polution advice.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
every saturday for the last 4 weeks one of my neighbours has been playing rave music very loud for around 10 - 14 hours. i have been and asked them to be considerate of myself and other neighbours. their response was one of rudeness & ignorance.
does anyone know where i stand as far as the law is concerned.
maybe mr chopper can provide some helpful advice.
on a positive note i have been spending the last few saturdays riding my bike and digging my wifes alotment.

Contact your local EHO who will serve them a notice. (Not siting you as complainant)You then should keep a nuisance diary if you haven't started one already.

Keep emailing EHO once process started and then they will visit offender at likely nuisance time.

Works if council are on the ball. Tenants or owners also may give another route re agreements etc

Been there, and worked for us. Best of luck. Where are you council wise?

As mentioned the diary will be their first request so record everything so far and from this point forward. Given the increase in scummers most councils have on call envioromental health department so if it's out of hours then make sure you have their number and they will come and witness it.

If he is in rented accomodation it may also be worth contacting the landlord if you can find them and registering a concern with them. Legally I suspect plod will point you in the direction of the council at first.

thanks for the advice. if its not noise its air pollution.
just had to shut the living room window due to unpleasant pot smells.
i live in northwest england.
we really need to move.

Sorry bud. Police only have powers with regards to noise from licenced premises. Environmental health, and/or the landlord.
If the landlord is the council or a housing association its worth noting that they have a lawful duty to tackle crime and anti social behaviour on their premises - they'll likely not be quick to tell you that themselves.

One would hope your local dibble would be interested in the herbal smells though.

videojetman":33cti1m9 said:
thanks for the advice. if its not noise its air pollution.
just had to shut the living room window due to unpleasant pot smells.
i live in northwest england.
we really need to move.

I'm so glad I live in a very small village, the worst we get is crows. aAthough when my oldest son was 10, he's 20 now, a car pulled up and they tried to insist he got in, my son ran to the first house and told them and they walked him home, he was so afraid of going out on his bike for a long time.As to neighbours, everything is quiet, we did have one rough family but they've moved on, thank goodness.

Alison

I'm glad I'm in a small village too. It also helps that most of my neighbours think the large shaven headed gent in their midst is a gangster, so I get very much left well alone, which is fine by me.

Chopper1192":1nm099pr said:
I'm glad I'm in a small village too. It also helps that most of my neighbours think the large shaven headed gent in their midst is a gangster, so I get very much left well alone, which is fine by me.

So funny :LOL: :LOL: oh dear my husband is the large shaven headed man in the village :D at work they call him The Evil Dominator, he's such a whimp :LOL:

Alison

videojetman":2lonc7wi said:
every saturday for the last 4 weeks one of my neighbours has been playing rave music very loud for around 10 - 14 hours. i have been and asked them to be considerate of myself and other neighbours. their response was one of rudeness & ignorance.
does anyone know where i stand as far as the law is concerned.
maybe mr chopper can provide some helpful advice.
on a positive note i have been spending the last few saturdays riding my bike and digging my wifes alotment.

never heard it called that before, phnarr phnarrr!!! :eek:

Back