Rebound linkage fork (monolith) info please

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I acquired an interesting looking set of linkage suspension forks recently, but I know nothing about them. I bought them out of curiosity and hoped to learn a bit about them. They have an air suspension unit up top, quite a big unit, and twin lower legs a bit like the lawwill leader, am except where the lawwill keeps the two legs seperate, albeit joined by a pivot/linkage, the twin legs on these forks join at the dropout.

The only other info on the forks themselves, aside from Rebound, patent pending, is designed by M Spencer, then there is damage to the decal, but the last word is possibly Owyang.

Does anyone have any info on these? Another fork they look simar to (if memory serves) are the browning forks.

I know pics speak a thousand words but I can't find my camera lead at the moment.

Oh, and I think they must be quite early as they have a 1 inch threaded steerer. Damn light they are too.

Cheers

Re: Rebound linkage fork info please

Ok, some googling reveals that they are Monlith forks from the monolith full suspension bike from way back in 1991. Anyone know anything about these forks/bikes as I'm now more than curious.

Like this one, Ian?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rebound-Fork- ... 0909664707

7e4a90fb90538a7f8a5298e07e9ad0e7_zps33a49423.jpg

I'm glad someone on here got it :D Couldn't have gone to a better home.

All the best,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If I remember rightly the monolith brand ran for a year or so then disappeared when its founder went to work for specialized. If you can find monolith frame they are truly amazing bits of kit, you may be searching forever though.
I wish I had remembered to bid on that fork, glad it ended up with somebody here.

danson67":3q1rqaud said:
Like this one, Ian?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rebound-Fork- ... 0909664707

7e4a90fb90538a7f8a5298e07e9ad0e7_zps33a49423.jpg

I'm glad someone on here got it :D Couldn't have gone to a better home.

All the best,
That's the fellas. I've always liked the look of linkage forks and whilst I will admit I don't know a thing about these forks even now, there was something about them that screamed they were quality, something out of the ordinary.

I guess I need some advice on servicing and I may well use them, possibly on a yo eddy for fun, as its the only frame aside from my pace that has a 1 inch head tube, oh wait a minute, I have a Klein rascal.........

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice pic, is that also a white industries rear mech attached?

The frame looks modern, by the forks look weedy in comparison to the chunky frame.

Looks like 1991-92. More pics from 2004 MTBR post:
6336d1078154613-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-monolith_show.jpg
6172d1078024844-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-rebound_3.jpg
6171d1078024832-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-rebound_2.jpg
6172d1078024844-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-rebound_3.jpg

Pics from 1992 MBA review article:
6335d1078154598-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-monolith_.jpg
6334d1078154392-monolith-first-beautiful-f-s-bike-monolith_crossup.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've got a copy of the article, somewhere...I'll go digging.

All the best,

These are now sat in 40 pieces on my workbench after a bit of time alone with some imperial allen keys. They are superbly built and in great condition inside, they will work a treat when they have gone back together again. I cant help but think the march 92 stamp on the crown may in fact mean 1892, they look like they should be steam powered.

Back