Glentress 6th Annual Meet: Sunday 9th June

Any objections to me bringing the dog for a run out, he's alright on the trails, and if he does get in your way just nudge him with the front wheel and he'll get the message

boxxer":2youobl6 said:
Any objections to me bringing the dog for a run out, he's alright on the trails, and if he does get in your way just nudge him with the front wheel and he'll get the message

Even if the Retrobike crew don't have any objections I think other users will have something to say. It's liable to be very busy. A summer Sunday morning with good weather forecast.

If I was careering down a red/black run and a dog appeared in front of me I'd be pretty pissed off and it's potentially very dangerous. Nudging a dog with your front wheel at 20+mph downhill is not really an option. There's a big difference from taking your dog round the trails in your local woods on your own and taking it to one of the busiest trail centres in the UK .

Anyway , I'm not going to make it so it's nothing to do with me.
Just my opinion and I'm sure someone will be along soon with a counter point :)

So are we all set :D I'm still having last minute bike debates with myself.

Good few hours out today, I only managed 2 hrs but did the red to the top, the whole of spooky woods and then found a new Kamikaze course on the escape road to the peel... I think I hit over 45 mph at one point in aero tuck and found myself two wheel drifting the corners....

Thanks to Klaus for dragging me up the hill, next time ill be fitter!

boxxer":3ahy1kre said:
next time ill be fitter!

That should be the new Macretro motto!

Grand day out, good trails and good company. Nice to put faces to another couple of names. Shame you couldn't stay Boxxer, the full blue descent back to the bottom was fabulous.
The power of retro shone today with me recording faster climb times than my last time there on my mojo hd. Think I've tracked down my ominous creaks, pedal bearings are shagged. Can't adjust them as the plastic collars are knackered. Still at 22 years old I think I've had my money's worth.

Just went to get the bike out the car and my front tyre is blown, totally flat and the tube is goosed....

Wondering how I survived the fast run to the car park and what caused it because it was fine at the top.... Need to find another tube now!

Back