RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Warwickshire ~ AFTERMATH

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Only brief as in the middle of a dinner party (middleclass? Moi?) but many thanks to Karl for putting on such a smashing day.

Thanks to all for making me so welcome on my first road ride. Must get a bike!

Thanks to Carl and Stewart for Sherpa duties and organisation. Beer was an added bonus.

Regards THM

Edit - I'm a Karl!

Superb day great to catch up with everyone

Many thanks to Carl for organising and guiding

If there is one thing I learnt today if robin wants a cheese sandwich god damn give him one quick!! :LOL: :LOL:

daj":1uzoyqxu said:
... if robin wants a cheese sandwich god damn give him one quick!!

Just quicker than 30 minutes would have done. 2 bits of bread and a slice of cheese, how hard can it be :evil:

Anyway, great ride today and an adventure as per usual. Bit bizzarre how bad some of the roads/farm tracks were and yet we got through those safely and then had an off at 5 mph due to rider collision :facepalm:

Many thanks to Carl, beer is going down a treat too, btw.

bobbinogs":2ie0o93r said:
Bit bizzarre how bad some of the roads/farm tracks were and yet we got through those safely and then had an off at 5 mph due to rider collision.

Who what where when why how :LOL:

Many thanks for coming everyone! Sorry we missed 'the pootlers' who had all gone when we got back, despite Robin's cheese-fuelled 2nd half push :) Hope you enjoyed your spin with Stewart.

I am sure others will elaborate on 'the off', suffice to say, having waxed lyrical about cow-parsley during the morning, i finally got to inspect a ditch full of it in the afternoon :roll:

More tomorrow when i have cogitated...

Really enjoyed the ride today, what a lovely part of the country for cycling, I'd forgotten how good this was last year. An amazing route too, we seemed to be going down hill for most of it with the only notable climb right at the end, not really sure how :? .

Big thanks to Karl for organising this one and also to Stewart for getting us pootlers around the route together, great work both of you :mrgreen: .

great day today. thanks to karl and stewart for the use of the brewery. i had a great ride with the select bunch who went the whole route. after sandwich gate part 2 it was a great to open up the legs for a quick spin back to base. did we go below 20 mph anywhere? and did daj do a turn on the front ?????

i hope all who went on the girl and small children,s ride enjoyed themselves as much as i did

crash of the ride karl
mechanical of the ride karl
40 mph on fixed, spinning like a loon karl

Dinner party successfully concluded, many thanks for such splendid organisation and route from Carl.

A few musings from the day :
- I was chastened to learn that I weigh 50% more than Robin. And am 2 years younger. I'm not sure that eating that abandoned sandwich in the car on the way home was a suitable reposte though.
- interesting exchange of views with the hairy biker after I stopped to urinate. I'm not sure that so earthily denying knowledge of my riding colleagues was a suitable reposte though.
- I may never be free of "there's a buzzing in my helmet".
- pub stop flapjack and Goat's Milk were just the job.
- Matt's shoes cost more than my and Carl's bikes and full clothing put together. And I was wearing Sidi's and Gore shorts.
- Warwickshire cobbles are very frightening. And very long.
- the wind in Warwickshire is only on your face.
- one day I will complete a RetroRoadRide although actually riding this one was an impressive improvement on YTD. Perhaps the July Herefordshire Grimpeur would be one worth targeting?

Back