Experience you'd rather not repeat

EarlofBarnet":1yx0k5bc said:
Got a bit too confident when changing plug sockets and light switches when we moved in to our house. Thought I'd switched off all electric boxes...must have missed one. Zap! Must have had chest pains for 4-5 hours after. Took me weeks to switch that particular light on/off without wincing! Every day is a school day...
Oh christ this so reminds me of when I turned off the mains to install a fan onto the ceiling
and the wife so stupidly turned back on the mains to boil the kettle! I attached the live wire
into the wire holder and it was then I was thrown over to the other-side of the room.

as a sparkie i must advise anyone who has been shocked who have chest pains to get checked out..better a long wait in emergancy ect then having a heart problem

My worst experience as a kid was playing Tarzan in the tree's and a branch snapped
and I fell some 15 feet into a bed of nettles which at that time looked 20 feet high
and I had to walk out of them, then finding out I'd broke two ribs in the fall and all
the bumps all over my body which confused the doctor at the Hospital, well confused
him until I told him what had happened! The not so nice doctor cracked out laughing.

Out on the motor bike years ago and ran straight into the side of a car that turned across my path.... at 60mph :shock:
went through a hedge then a fence and ended up in a field on the other side :shock:
when the plods turned up the driver of the car came out with the classic .......so sorry
officer but i didnt see him coming !! (w****r) even though i had a set of twin halogen
head lights on at the time :roll:
never been on a motor bike since ....

godders":390g15es said:
when the plods turned up the driver of the car came out with the classic .......so sorry officer but i didnt see him coming !! (w****r) even though i had a set of twin halogen head lights on at the time :roll:
To me the old saying 'I didn't see him coming' should carry a prison sentence or better still a stab in the eyes with a screwdriver should be allowed :shock:

Ian Raleigh":q7gecoce said:
godders":q7gecoce said:
when the plods turned up the driver of the car came out with the classic .......so sorry officer but i didnt see him coming !! (w****r) even though i had a set of twin halogen head lights on at the time :roll:
To me the old saying 'I didn't see him coming' should carry a prison sentence or better still a stab in the eyes with a screwdriver should be allowed :shock:

I don't know if it was a dusky afternoon and he was driving a silver car or I was just 8 months pregnant, but i just DIDN'T SEE HIM I just remember a bump, I stopped and there was no one there, I didn't know what to do then a voice said "are you OK love" I looked out and it was the man I'd hit :oops: I was so embarrassed, I wrote him off :oops: it's still a blur to me but he was soo wonderful and understanding, it can happen that you just don't see them. I've been back ended twice by people that hadn't seen me stop, even though it wasn't a sudden stop by any means and they have both accepted liability without question, so I didn't see him sometimes is valid.

Alison

My brother rolled his car as a youngster the ambulance arrived and my bro refused to get out of the car and was desperately trying to start the car, the engine was some 20 feet down the road :roll: what surprised me was he got a bill from the NHS as it was his fault :?: I've never had that before.

Alison

gibbleking":dmtnxp62 said:
as a sparkie i must advise anyone who has been shocked who have chest pains to get checked out..better a long wait in emergancy ect then having a heart problem

In retrospect I should have gone up to A&E. Didn't half hurt! Definitely have a phobia of electrics now. Certainly couldn't do it for a living. Stick me behind a desk with some numbers an I'm happy.

Isaac_AG":97tvezu7 said:
I don't know if it was a dusky afternoon and he was driving a silver car or I was just 8 months pregnant, but i just DIDN'T SEE HIM I just remember a bump, I stopped and there was no one there, I didn't know what to do then a voice said "are you OK love" I looked out and it was the man I'd hit :oops: I was so embarrassed, I wrote him off :oops: it's still a blur to me but he was soo wonderful and understanding, it can happen that you just don't see them. I've been back ended twice by people that hadn't seen me stop, even though it wasn't a sudden stop by any means and they have both accepted liability without question, so I didn't see him sometimes is valid.

Alison

This is very true. I ride motorbikes as well as bicycles and Rule No. 1 is "Assume they haven't seen you." I take the view that whatever happens in front of me is something I should be able to react to safely and in time. Stupidity is one thing, and there's a lot of it about, but there are times when people simply don't see bikers.

And to add insult to injury the peoples who's hedge and fence i went through tryed to
bill me for the damage :shock: ..yeh like thanks for that then :roll:

Mick :)

Back