Bontrager / Titec Carbon Seatpin - Missing lower seatclamp!

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi to all

I've just been given this seatpin which I didn't look at all that carefully when it was given to me. Have just looked more carefully and it appears to be missing the lower half of the seatclamp?!

I haven't got another one to reference it against, so does anyone know whether the bolt arrangement looks correct, and that all that's missing (I say all) is the lower half of the seatpin clamp?

Assuming so, has anyone got a broken or donor seatpin that I could buy the missing part of the clamp from please?

Attachments

• IMG_00000073-1.jpg
    IMG_00000073-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_00000072-1.jpg
    IMG_00000072-1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_00000071-1.jpg
    IMG_00000071-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 302
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Bontrager / Titec Carbon Seatpin - Missing lower seatcla

You're right - but I didn't want to pick up a perfectly good / usable seatpost only to ruin it for a single part. If poss, am hoping that someone has a broken one knocking about where it is only useful for parts!

contact bontrager/titec - maybe they could send you a replacement.

as you know, the part you are looking for is a semicurcular piece of tube with grooves for the rails

02gf74":1f5cgbnx said:
contact bontrager/titec - maybe they could send you a replacement.

as you know, the part you are looking for is a semicurcular piece of tube with grooves for the rails

Normally, that would have been exactly what I would have done. However, I can't find Titec as a company on the Web! Can find plenty of resellers, as well as Madison as their UK distributor and Belda Bikes as their distributor in Chile, but not actually Titec themselves. Does anyone know if this is a brand name that is manufactured by someone else? Do they actually still exist?

I've dropped a line to Bontrager, but suspect that is a very different company from that of 20 years ago and probably no longer has the parts...!

Bump. As it turned out, Titec no longer exists Nd were swallowed up by Profile Design about 18 months ago...

Back