Kona Cinder Cone 1992 - finished with lots of pics P3

Re: Kona Cinder Cone 1992 - PE#1!

Well this has ground to a hault thanks to the missing part. The XC pro greaseguard part isn't wide enough. I'm hoping this one is...

!CEp421w!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!hME0fW2M36rBNSh2fNqIg~~_3.JPG

...from ebay, from the states for probably too much (but it's the only one that's remotely looking like it'll fit).

al-onestare":22ydra33 said:
Well this has ground to a hault thanks to the missing part. The XC pro greaseguard part isn't wide enough. I'm hoping this one is...

!CEp421w!Wk~$(KGrHqN,!hME0fW2M36rBNSh2fNqIg~~_3.JPG

...from ebay, from the states for probably too much (but it's the only one that's remotely looking like it'll fit).

A month later and £20 more expensive thanks to the import tax the hub has arrived. I'm estastic that it has what I need and it fits! That silver collar/retainer is perfect so now we have a working rear wheel. That means this will be ready by the end of the weekend. Hurrah!

Here we are, 1992 Kona Cinder Cone complete! It's been a challenging project for all the wrong reasons but still a lot of fun from start to end. It's affectionally known as the "drunken mans bike". The more I look at it, the more I like it. Simple, clean lines, a good colour combination with some lovely Suntour kit.

This was never going to be a keeper; my heart lies with the 1997 range. So she'll be up for sale shortly. For now, I hope you like the results. It got the full strip down, service and clean in the end. Everything is original apart from the cables, inner tubes and pedals (these aren't the best so if I was keeping it, it's the one thing I'd replace).

img1214y.JPG

img1215ae.jpg

img1216od.jpg

img1217w.jpg

img1218qn.jpg

img1219iy.jpg

img1220mu.jpg

img1221pl.jpg

img1222wd.jpg

img1223gx.jpg

img1224ay.jpg

img1225di.jpg

img1226up.jpg

img1227wg.jpg

img1228u.jpg

img1229m.jpg

img1230rb.jpg

img1232hr.jpg

img1233c.jpg

My other half did a great job rescuing the saddle. Lot's of polishing and leather treatment.

img1234uf.jpg

img1235d.jpg

img1236gi.jpg

img1237kw.jpg

img1238ol.jpg

img1239fz.jpg

img1215jv.jpg

As for the spec list, simply check the archive ;)

Feedback and comments, good or bad are welcome!

My compliments- that brings back some memories, looks just like one from the 92 catalogue ;)
My friend had one in red and it was legend, it was swapped many times between friends and his brother when we were kids at school. I never had anything to bargain with him or it would have been mine.
Anyway he still has it! The final swap i believe was some Skyway Tuff 2's for his bro's Diamond Back.

Back