1997 Dekerf Team SL

Looking good Luke. You're being a bit spoiled I reckon, a holiday in the sun and then more of the same when you get home :LOL:

Quick update, I thought quite a while about which wheels to go for. A bit like the forks my choice is modern with a retro heart.

Wheels, Tyres, Skewers

The hubs are Chris King Classics in a bronzy red colour, the rims are Mavic 317's and the Skewers are Red Ti Salsa.

Tyres are of course the re-issued Panaracer Smoke / Dart combo. Here are the pics.

dsc0223ezn.jpg

dsc0225sx.jpg

dsc0221rq.jpg

I think they are stunning (even with black spokes!) and they sound AMAZING!

I have all the drivetrain now, just waiting on a new BB and v-brakes. The later should be with me very soon so hope to have this trail ready in a couple of weeks. :cool:

Its finished! I will look to get a few more detailed shots up and a full spec list but am off out to enjoy the sunshine. . . .

dsc0228ll.jpg

As always with one of your builds, stunning. :shock:

I was watching one of these frames on the bay last week. I was sorely tempted to have a go, then I looked at the Fuqauy waiting for parts and remembered the Lloyd that is waiting for paint at Argos and though it would be best to let someone else enjoy it.

Looking at that photo, I was WRONG and should have bought that sucker. :twisted:

Enjoy, that is a great looking bike.

:LOL: Cheers guys, great Fish.

Final Spec

Frame: 1997 Dekerf Team SL

Fork: Fox F100 RL (Reduced to 80mm travel)

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Yeti Carbon Fibre F1
Grips: Ritchey

Brakes: XTR M950
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Brake Levers: XTR M951

Shifters: XTR M951
Front Derailleur: XTR M950
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS
Cassette: XT M737