when is nos not nos?

i have avoided this thread for 6 whole pages,

nos is not a difficult concept, if its not nos its not nos, those who says its nos when its not nos dont do themselves any favours , i lurve the nos, i lurve to denos the nos.

the one caveat i would add is as said i lurve the nos to use, i like it coz i then know the life that part has had.

a part kept in its oily bag or box fares better than one attached to a bike but then never used for 20 years i have found

so for certain parts, cassettes shifters etc, i very much like it when im told by a trusted member this was nos and i have done 50 miles or ridden round the block etc, heres my build thread type thing.

i have a bike to split soon where many are the parts are like this, denosed by me with minimal miles and i will describe them as such.

I do have a nos quandry however

I have a bonafide nos left hand m739 shifter. never used never mounted, I also have the nos internals from a right hand shifter, however the top part which consists of the clamp and the top metal cover is used but in very good condition and it is a non moving part.

so are my shifters Nos or not, and how should i describe them?

if ok to good condition m739s go for £35 to £40 how much should i ask for my nos or not shifters?

Im keeping them for the reasons above, so this is merely for fun and i do not wish to be directed to the how much is my xyz thread thank you very much.

The History Man":18ianck5 said:
Most of the threads on here aren't exactly life changing, but isn't that the point? As long as it all stays within the bounds of civility.

If you're driving along at the speed of light and you turn your headlights on, does anything happen?
I have a presentation on tachyon burst transmissions its nearly 40 slides long :facepalm:

Chute55uk":1yzqwwid said:
The History Man":1yzqwwid said:
Most of the threads on here aren't exactly life changing, but isn't that the point? As long as it all stays within the bounds of civility.

If you're driving along at the speed of light and you turn your headlights on, does anything happen?
I have a presentation on tachyon burst transmissions its nearly 40 slides long :facepalm:

Name dropper! :LOL:

I was going to say 'That's just a geeky way of saying you don't know whether you're coming or going' but decided that was just too niche a smart alec reply! :LOL:

Back