New computer, or new forum?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I don't know about everyone else, but the video adverts recently added to the top right hand side of the screen are really upsetting my poor old Mac G5 computer.

My machine struggles a bit with certain types of video, and so since the adverts have been added I am constantly waiting for the machine to catch up. This is made worse by the fact that I am not the type of person who is going to buy a laxative, washing powder, air freshener, or who gives a flying duck about what the back of my heels look like.

So until I can find the best part of a grand for a new computer, I think I will be visiting the site a lot less.

Sorry, sounding a bit like Washinmachinerant, but those ads are really driving me nuts.

SWEET, I hadn't realised there was an option to kill off the side bar.

That's more like it. :mrgreen:

If you use Safari add the Adblocker plug in. It gets rid of all adverts on forums including the ones at the top of pages.

NeilM":1hdx98qf said:
Lucky you.

I'll go and look in my control panel to see if I can kill them.

You can get rid of them, but they'll still be there if you don't log in.
They're worth keeping though, just for the T shirt girl...

suburbanreuben":ctk2rr4k said:
NeilM":ctk2rr4k said:
Lucky you.

I'll go and look in my control panel to see if I can kill them.

You can get rid of them, but they'll still be there if you don't log in.
They're worth keeping though, just for the T shirt girl...

She made me buy 6 teeshirts!

so it kinda works (granted i did need new tee shirts... specifically ones not supplied free or redeemed fo X number of beer labels/caps :oops: )

NeilM":vumxw8k9 said:
I don't know about everyone else, but the video adverts recently added to the top right hand side of the screen are really upsetting my poor old Mac G5 computer.

My machine struggles a bit with certain types of video, and so since the adverts have been added I am constantly waiting for the machine to catch up. This is made worse by the fact that I am not the type of person who is going to buy a laxative, washing powder, air freshener, or who gives a flying duck about what the back of my heels look like.

So until I can find the best part of a grand for a new computer, I think I will be visiting the site a lot less.

Sorry, sounding a bit like Washinmachinerant, but those ads are really driving me nuts.

Toys back in pram then? :LOL: nice day out today.

Back