The refinishing thread - stickers & resprays

DECALS / TRANSFERS / STICKERS from CYCLOMONDO

Just a bit of feedback, I recently purchased some ALAN decals from Cyclomondo on ebay. He had five ALAN styles to choose from, I needed style D. I must say I am very happy with them, very high quality materials used and they look identical to the original decals on my frame - very authentic. He sends instructions for wet or dry application, whatever you choose.

He has a very good range of brands to choose from so chances are you will find what you need. He's sold over 3800 decals in the last 12 months.

Cheers

For those in the eastern part of East Anglia, JT Finishing Solutions of Bury St Edmunds are worth a look for a paint job. They powder coated my Mecacycle frame for £55 and the finish is excellent. May cost a bit more for other frames as mine was already well stripped and didn't need the rear triangle painting as it's chrome.

Website here http://www.jtfs.co.uk/

Gordon

refinishing

For paint jobs C & G in Liverpool do a great job at a great price

Cyclemondo did a great set of Rossin for a rebuild for a friend

got a set of Colnago off Ebay which were realy good and around £7 which will be on my winter X bike

Need some Gios ones anyone apart from Cyclomomdo ???

Not sure if this thread is active, but looking for recommendations for frame resprays in the Newbury (W Berks) area (between London and Bristol). I know of Bob Jackson and Argos. Argos closer but having driven in Bristol, I would just courier :) I did find a local guy who sprayed a mc petrol tank for me but I think I'd want a better job on frames.

Evening all,

I think it would be helpful if some more definitive idea of cost was given - 'reasonable price' does not give much info.

Re decals - i have bought from Geoff at Cyclomondo and he was excellent. I have also bought some bits and bobs from Dizzybird (ebay name) and, again, they were also excellent. Dizzybird will make up decals for you if you provide some form of specimen and they were not exensive - i had my Raleigh Rapide top tube decals done by them and i could not be happier. They aslo advised that they can do Tricolour decals - i will be ordering a set in the future and will report back.

Richard

Just a bit of refinishing info - I spoke with Bob Jackson's factory the other day and they will pick up and return multiple frames (if in the same container) for £55. That's pretty good value IMO. I have one Bob Jackson frame (built new for me) but will report back when I receive the resprayed frames. No luck finding Parker Thompson (I believe he became Orbit?) decals. Very difficult to find much info on Parker Thompson at all. Google has found me three pictures - two pikes owned bu the same person.

Back