Alpinestars cro mega dx frame

Adzcromega

Dirt Disciple
I'm just getting to the end of my cro mega dx build,I have sourced all of the parts separately and when I cam to fit the rear wheel it appears that the mounting lugs for the axle are odd sizes,
Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Everyone I have spoken to thinks that they should be the same size, I was just wondering if Alpinestar frames had odd sizes for some reason.
The right hand side is over a 1 mm smaller than the left.

The internal dimension of the frame (slot) where the threaded section of the axle passes through the frame,
I can locate the wheel in position on the left hand side of the frame but not on the right it's too small I even cleaned back my nice new shiny paint job just in case that was the problem.

Ahhh , it's been dropped and the slots closed up
Seen this before , can gently be bent back

I take no responsibility etc

Maybe a little heat first, thanks I knew some one would be able to shed some light on it, I purchased the frame separately so I no idea of its history.
Thanks again

If you're talking drive side you want to check the rear mech hanger is at the correct angle as well. I had the reverse problem with a DX cro mega myself, rear hanger bent back and dropout hole too large. As mikee said 'surprisingly malleable'.

Do you think if I tweek it so that the measurement is the same both sides the angle will be close enough?
Thanks for the info guys really appreciate I think I have the retro bug!

Back