Mayhem camping plans...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you do bring earplugs ;)
Builders type come in packs of 10 for a quid or two.

Invaluable

Hmmmm...

'Anyone trying to cordon off an over generous camping area will be asked to remove it.'

...doesn't sound too promising :?

Nor does the lack of trackside camping!

Ariel view of the campsite as I can make out. Anyone find the old Eastnor site on ariel view to compare?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 746
To be honest I think we should camp along a boundary that way we can slightly over spill depending on amount of Rb campers comeing rather than been in the middle of campsite and getting boxed in

dyna-ti":22tzd53q said:
Whatever you do bring earplugs ;)
Builders type come in packs of 10 for a quid or two.

Invaluable

They are a standard part of my travel kit, as having attended hundreds of meetings and exhibitions over the years, staying in hotels good and bad, you can never be sure of a quiet room.

how about identifying a small contingent of RB folks that can arrive at 9 a.m so that we can sprawl/ strategic camp and get out towels on the sunbeds before the german's arrive. We could park our cars in a circle like on wagon train

Happy to be included in this if its a plan as I have booked that day off and i'm not too far away, and could get the car packed Thursday night

Suspect the best areas will already be taken up by the 'Pre-erected tented village?'

Also suspect Gatcombe is a little too 'Genteel' to be a worthy successor to Eastnor?

We_are_Stevo":24bhub8i said:
Also suspect Gatcombe is a little too 'Genteel' to be a worthy successor to Eastnor?

Hmmm, you've not come across the three day eventing lot then?

Most people who are seriously involved with horses are very down to earth.

I used to be part of the 'Three Day Eventing Lot...'

...'Real Money' is down to earth, 'New Money' tries too hard; think Mark Phillips v Katie Price!

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there isn't another new venue next year?

We_are_Stevo":1brrnffj said:
I used to be part of the 'Three Day Eventing Lot...'

...'Real Money' is down to earth, 'New Money' tries too hard; think Mark Phillips v Katie Price!

:oops: I stand corrected.

I agree with the above though.

I rather get the impression that the Mayhem organisers have jumped at the chance of the venue (any venue) and had to say yes to all the restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back