Re: My Ranjeet Grewel inspired Yeti ARC

Excellent!

That's great progress, you know Mayhem is open in less than a week now though right? :p

Got three to finish myself, getting a bit desperate here :shock:

Really looking forward to seeing it in the metal, gleaming in the sunshine and covered in dust...

elPedro666":w6u4g28q said:
Excellent!

That's great progress, you know Mayhem is open in less than a week now though right? :p

Got three to finish myself, getting a bit desperate here :shock:

Really looking forward to seeing it in the metal, gleaming in the sunshine and covered in dust...

Thanks buddy...

If it wasn't for guys like you and your supply of 6mm Ferrules I'd be Fcuk,
if you include the one used in the drilled out Judy Bridge Ineeded 12 of them on this build

As for Mayhem she's actually all ready to go at the moment, and I've got Thursday off work to make any last minute changes....and load up the all important beers :cool:

Attachments

• Duff Beer.jpg
    Duff Beer.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 958

Retro Spud":v5fohj8k said:
As for Mayhem she's actually all ready to go at the moment, and I've got Thursday off work to make any last minute changes....and load up the all important beers :cool:

That'll be 2 Retro Yeti's on our team ! :D :shock: :D . My Ultimate is doing the 1st stint :oops:

Quick update

I took the ARC to this years Mayhem but the state my main ride came back in from just a single lap seriously put off using the course as the “christening ride” so it returned home still virginal and had a few more hours spent on it.

The expendable Snowflaked Pulstars have now been replaced with Ringles front and clicky rear which are also laced to Sunset rims …you can’t have too many Sunsets in your life :D

The cranks are now CBR’s with silver chainrings which in my mind suit the build a lot better and after the previously documented disappointment with the Graftons close to what I originally planned.

After a few trips out on the road all was looking good for the now annual pilgrimage to the Surrey Hills, which being sandy loam is totally different to what I’m used to in the Forest of Dean…and also one of the best venues on the RB Calendar so me and the ARC were all ready to go… and then I Fcuked up big time when cutting skirting board and amputated four fingers on my left hand, so for the time being I’ve a garage Queen, another grander project thats also ground to a halt plus alot of wasted time off work ahead of me.

Below photos were a few quick snaps I took 10 days ago and all I have for the time being, and before you flame me Eric the position of the Front mech over the big ring was corrected but I don't have any more photos to show and they certainly don't do it justice.

Definitely not period correct, and for the time being a million miles away from a Ranjeet Replica but built to be a practical/usable ride I could roll up anywhere on and legs permitting keep up with more modern rigs.

Big thanks to all those who've helped out especially Nick (Elite504) for his wonderful fabrications and Ringle "clickiness" servicing abilities, its been a journey to finally have a rideable YETI of my own, and satisfy those outlandish dreams I had of one day owning a Yeti back in the early to mid 90's as a 20 something,

I now have a personal journey to make if I'm to live this dream for real, one that may well take alot longer than this build to acheive

Frame: 1993 Yeti ARC 19’ serial #A0757

Fork: Currently fitted 95 Judy MK1 with Long Travel upgrade
also have mint Manitou II and refinished Desert Turq Accu Trax

Headset: 1¼ 3DV Chris King
Stem: 3DV Ringle Zooka
Handlebar: Silver Hyperlites (NOS)
Grips: Yeti
Barends: 3DV Answer Hyperends (NOS)

Brakes: 3DV Grafton Speed Controllers
Brake Pads: Ritchey Logic (I like their chunkiness)
Brake Cables: 6mm SLR with 2mm inner & Straddle
Cantilever cable hangers: Ringle Mojo
Brake Levers: Shimano M910

Shifters: Shimano M910
Front Derailleur: Shimano M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M900
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: NOS M900 12-28
Chain: SRAM PC8 (spec to ride)
Cranks: 3DV Cook Bros Racing
Crank Bolts: Syncros Crank-o-matics
Chainrings: Campagnolo 28/38/48
Chainring bolts: 3DV SRP
Bottom Bracket: UN71
Pedals: Onza H.O (anything else cripples my knees)

Hub Skewers: 3DV Ringle Holies
Rims: Mavic 217 Sunsets
Hubs: Ringle 32h
Nipples: 3DV Haro Alloy
Spokes: DT Swiss 14g
Tyres: Continental Navigator Pro (front) and Conti XC on rear
Tubes: Presta valved Continental

Saddle: Yeti / Sella San Marco dated 1996 (do have a 93 Flite Alpes)
Seatpost: NOS Silver M901 (for riding 400mm+ Thompson fitted to safe guard seat tub)
Seatpost Binder: T.I bolt

Weight: N/A

Attachments

• Ringle Central.jpg
    Ringle Central.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 905
  • Standin for Graftons.jpg
    Standin for Graftons.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 905
  • 93 ARC ready to go.jpg
    93 ARC ready to go.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 905
  • Ready for Surreyhills.JPG
    Ready for Surreyhills.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 905

That is very nice! Just read the whole thread and I think you made the right choices in the end! It looks stunning!!

Only thing I would change is the seatpost. Think a silver (XTR M910?) would suit it better. But that's just my opinion!

Well done!

Great build, have really enjoyed seeing this take shape, but sorry to hear about the injury :( Have they been able to save the fingers? I just hope it doesnt keep you off the road/trails for too long. Get Well Soon :D

Jussa :D

Very nicely done. Your build is making me want to break out my FRO and get it going. Your bike looks very similar to all the Yeti ARCs I saw racing NORBA nationals back in the early 90s. Especially the ones that came with riders from California. Mind you I was already riding age group races at that point. While I understand the efforts to get all the little bits correct I think it's important to realize that these bikes changed race to race, even day to day. Parts breaking, upgrades, etc. About the only time they were spot on was for magazine shoots and first delivered to the rider. I talked with John Parker many times and I think he was an amazing force in the early days of mountain bike racing. His bikes and his vision of upcoming riders certainly had a huge impact on the sport.

So let me get this straight... you cut off four of your fingers so as to have an excuse for the delay in getting this build done? Wow, that's some serious dedication!!!

Back