Anyone seen a 3Rensho with this lug treatment

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
This bike is currently on eBay, and even though it has many 3Rensho like qualities, I have never seen these lugs or this fork crown on a 3Rensho. Yoshi Konno did experiment a lot but this seems odd:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!qEFEFYzTCCoBRqUgcy!Mw~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!qEFEFYzTCCoBRqUgcy!Mw~~60_57.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 569
  • $(KGrHqV,!lEFGo6GEG7nBRqUdi9!JQ~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!lEFGo6GEG7nBRqUdi9!JQ~~60_57.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 569
  • $T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHP(gBRqUeZv84w~~60_57.JPG
    $T2eC16h,!yEE9s5jHP(gBRqUeZv84w~~60_57.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 569
I guess the giveway would be the dropouts........didn't 3rensho use their own branded dropouts?

Fork crown looks like a filled away Cinelli MC version, 3rensho not my area of expertist though

Shaun

Yes the Superends, but early 3Rensho frames had Shimano or even Suntour ends. The workmanship on this frame looks very nice but the lugs are just wrong. One of the hallmarks of a 3Rensho is the custom spearpoint lug.

Think I have sleuth it out, though I may be the only one who really cares, it is a Cherbium, the bicycle company Yoshi Konno ran with his brother before going it alone as 3Rensho.

The brakes are allen key and it looks like a later frame so would have 3renso dropouts?

Looks italian to me with the shorter rear end and slightly more relaxed forks.........

As I said it's not my area of expertise........wonder if the BB is italian ?

Shaun

....sadly just a little to modern for me otherwise what a nice looking bike, aside from the Cinelli styled seat cluster design which which always looked a bit clunky even 20 years earlier :)

Shaun

It is the other way around this frame was made in the late 70s to early 80s. Cheribum, also called Cyclone, was short lived venture from the two Konnos before 3Rensho. Many early 3Rensho bikes have all three decals, Cheribum, Cyclone and 3Rensho.

An exmple:

Attachments

• AvYdIN.jpg
    AvYdIN.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 530
Back