Stuck spark plug, any tips?

biggerhammer-th.jpg

I assume it's running ok? and you mention you got it to "swoosh" around in over the summer? does that mean you'll be selling it later in the year? if so then just leave the damn plugs in there... if it ain't broke don't fix it (or you may end up with a bitch of a job on your hands).

If you simply must change all the plugs then as already mentioned try it with the engine warm, try the tighten then loosen method, try soaking with Plusgas (the plugs, not you!), try some extra leverage, but go steady because sparkplugs can and will break off if you give them too much welly.

Only once have I not been able to get a sparkplug out, turns out it was cross-threaded into the head... that made my day! :facepalm:

i believe in fixies":1du2tlk2 said:
Have you tried swearing at them?

i remember working on a customers boiler years ago and trying to remove an old brass safety valve from a cast iron heat exchanger whilst chatting with the customer.
1.small grips:no movement
2.big grips:no movment
3. blowtorch and big grips:no movement

:? customer pops to neighbors house to enquire about borrowing big stilsons

4. call le valve a massive **** and threaten its parents:valve undoes by hand :xmas-big-grin:

swearing....it's a tool :LOL:

gavinda":3u0n4ext said:
i believe in fixies":3u0n4ext said:
Have you tried swearing at them?

i remember working on a customers boiler years ago and trying to remove an old brass safety valve from a cast iron heat exchanger whilst chatting with the customer.
1.small grips:no movement
2.big grips:no movment
3. blowtorch and big grips:no movement

:? customer pops to neighbors house to enquire about borrowing big stilsons

4. call le valve a massive c*nt and threaten its parents:valve undoes by hand :xmas-big-grin:

swearing....it's a tool :LOL:

Totally totally agree!

I've lost count the number of times I've threatened something electrical with replacement and its suddenly burst into life... Strange

Back