Set2rise twelve..EVEN MORE pic's added.

Wu-Tangled":30mvsauc said:
Got a bit lost, but we're home. Highlights and pics to follow.

:D

Is that possible with a satnav :?:
Glad you guys made it home o.k. Will chuck my pics up later too, just got to empty the car now :evil:

Well it turned out to be a awesome event, the weather held out despite the forecast of rain, and the course was the best ive ever ridden :D
The turn out wasn't that of other events but it was the first 1 here.
I'm pretty sure that people will be spreading the word about the course and next year will be huge ;)

A few highlights for me were.......

Gus turning up with only 1 pair of wheels, only to find his rear hub was shagged :roll:

Gus's " i can't be bothered" and " i'm probably going to sit here and drink tea" catch prase's, just to hear " i f*uc£ing love racing" after each lap.

James [ salvage tech] saying after his first ever night ride and race " This is brilliant, night riding is the future."

Tony [ allwayshorizontal] lance armstrong for being so quick that who ever was out after him never got chance to rest :shock:

Tony's car for looking like it had a portable BBQ underneath when he started it this morning :LOL:

Gus and James for letting Tony and myself carry the flag after they went to bed in the early hours :roll:

Thanks guys for coming, and here's to next year :D

Attachments

• Set2Rise  17.05.08 005.jpg
    Set2Rise 17.05.08 005.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Set2Rise  17.05.08 008.jpg
    Set2Rise 17.05.08 008.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Set2Rise  17.05.08 007.jpg
    Set2Rise 17.05.08 007.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Set2Rise  17.05.08 013.jpg
    Set2Rise 17.05.08 013.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,401
Twas an awesome circuit that was almost fun to ride in the small hours.

I would like to say thanks to the following in no particular order of importance:-

SPAM for a staggeringly good course that rode as well at the end of the night as it did at the start.

Heathy for doing the last lap (and not taking the it's only 15 mins to the end - so i ain't going out again approach (which i would have considered)) and elevating us another mighty place up the rankings.

Heathy again for having jump leads to enable to get home.

Gus for the well recieved pasta and the comical/quizical look of disbeleif when asked how many mice he had seen during the night.

James for being a 'thoroughly nice chap' who also seemed to take to night riding like the proverbial duck to water.

Can't wait until the next one?

Sounds like a top night out chaps. Shame I missed it.

No riding this weekend :cry:

Not bad, nice ones of all of us there. Bit of a daft navigation system on the site mind.

I'll put mine up tomorrow at work.

Attachments

• Face Of Pain.jpg
    Face Of Pain.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,294
  • Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Numbers.jpg
    Numbers.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,291
  • Logos.jpg
    Logos.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,289
What a great course and race. Loved (ahem) every minute of it. Thanks to Heathy, AlwaysHorizontal and Salvage Tech for making it one of those unforgettable experiences.

Highlights for me, in no particular order were…

*AlwaysHorizontal’s car’s bbq impersonation. Simply genius. Can’t believe I didin’t take a pic!

*Heathy’s always positive attitude, even when faced with my moaning.

*Heathy getting progressively more off his face on energy gel all day /night/ day.

*Heathy then going the entire race without crashing only to fall off his bike whilst wired on E gel, in the que for the burger van.

*Salvage Tech finding out he loved night riding on his first night ride at race pace on a course.

*The boys faces when they saw Salvage Tech and my complete camping shop unpack from the back of a Clio.

*2 Gazebo’s and no tents!

*The Royal Engineers firing off rounds and flares about a hundred yds to the right whilst spinning through the woods.

*Switching off the lights and riding by light of overhead flare. My little Vietnam moment.

*Then realising I might get shot at and quickly re-lighting the trail with Lumi power.

*Heathy being pretty much unable to buy anything as there wasn’t much of a retail experience, but still just managing it.

Pics added...

Attachments

• Theres 2 Bikes In There 2.jpg
    Theres 2 Bikes In There 2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Towel.jpg
    Towel.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,288
  • Whos The Daddy.jpg
    Whos The Daddy.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,287
  • Would You Eat That.jpg