RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Warwickshire ~ 08/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The History Man":xgip9fjs said:
ededwards":xgip9fjs said:
daj":xgip9fjs said:
Decided today going to bring shame on the West Midlands and bring out the Big Gun !! :cool: :LOL: :LOL:

:facepalm:

Enlighten the unfamiliar ......... :?:

It means that Daj will be turning up at the ride on his crabon Cervelo, complete with electronic shifting. It also means that Ed will be giving Daj a hard time throughout and that any hint of a mechanical will be roundly cheered by a peleton forced to endure the savagery of DT shifting :)

Road racing, it's a tough old sport.

It all becomes clear................. :facepalm:

Is there a book running on how long/far? :LOL:

I like bikes for their simplicity.

So his shifter cost more than my bike!

daj":3a80wqfw said:
Does anyone have some 8 speed rapid fire mountain bike shifters units that I could buy/borrow for mayhem? Nothing like being ready for the big weekend :roll:

I've checked the stocks......
I've some LX 8-speed gear/brake units (for cantilevers) you can have or some 8-speed pods you can borrow. I replaced the former with the latter when I went over to V-brakes......
What suits you ?

weeman_mtb":3fzxfo41 said:
grumpycommuter":3fzxfo41 said:
weeman_mtb":3fzxfo41 said:
I have a Henry Burton frame in Reynolds 531 flavour and roughly 56cm c-c seat tube, 57cm c-c top tube. It has some rust issues but I think it's salvagable, free to anybody that wants it. Let me know and I'll chuck it in the boot on Saturday.

Yes please weeman!

It's yours Karl :D

You are a gentleman Weeman!

Iwasgoodonce":3fzxfo41 said:
Have a good ride everyone. Weather looks good for it.

Are you not coming Mark? The 'pootle' will be perfect if you are worried about the distance...plus i'll have that cheese scone recipe for you :)

The History Man":3fzxfo41 said:
It all becomes clear................. :facepalm:

Is there a book running on how long/far? :LOL:

I like bikes for their simplicity.

So his shifter cost more than my bike!

Ill have £1 on a 'carbon' mechanical within 25 miles of the start.

Anyone else? Prize fund goes to the winner or if no 'carbon' mechanical to Dave to put towards a proper bike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back