The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jw191":1xiquvtn said:
Hi All,

Newbie here. I used to be really into biking back in the day, but now living in a flat and having a busy schedule the bike has been unused for five or six years so I'm thinking about letting it go. I would say in overall it is in average condition given the age. The bike is at my parents place 250 miles away, so I don't have any pics, but the starting point before modifications was:

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2L0BR(wdNHzn!~~60_1.JPG

Spec from Memory:

Standard:
Cinder Cone Alu Frame in Blue (I think 15")
Headset
Bottom Bracket
Shimano LX front derailleur
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Seatpost

Upgrades

Marzocchi Z3 Light Forks
Shimano LX Hubs on Mavic D521 Rims (rear rim is black)
Magura HS33 Rim Hydraulic brakes (Silver)
Shimano LX Front Crankset
Azonic Riser Bars (Black)
Funn Henchman Stem (Dark Grey)
Wellgo V12 Pedals
I can't remember what seat and tyres are on the bike, but these have been replaced for something basic

So my question is, what roughly would it be worth whole, and would I be better to sell any of the parts separately?

Bike £200 as a max really.

Frame 50, forks 40, maguras 40-50, mechs 15, shifters 15, wheels 40-50. Other parts not a lot net of extortionate posting.

You need to weight up ease of selling complete for less v more work and more pennies

coomber":37elr6js said:
jw191":37elr6js said:
Hi All,

Newbie here. I used to be really into biking back in the day, but now living in a flat and having a busy schedule the bike has been unused for five or six years so I'm thinking about letting it go. I would say in overall it is in average condition given the age. The bike is at my parents place 250 miles away, so I don't have any pics, but the starting point before modifications was:

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2L0BR(wdNHzn!~~60_1.JPG

Spec from Memory:

Standard:
Cinder Cone Alu Frame in Blue (I think 15")
Headset
Bottom Bracket
Shimano LX front derailleur
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Seatpost

Upgrades

Marzocchi Z3 Light Forks
Shimano LX Hubs on Mavic D521 Rims (rear rim is black)
Magura HS33 Rim Hydraulic brakes (Silver)
Shimano LX Front Crankset
Azonic Riser Bars (Black)
Funn Henchman Stem (Dark Grey)
Wellgo V12 Pedals
I can't remember what seat and tyres are on the bike, but these have been replaced for something basic

So my question is, what roughly would it be worth whole, and would I be better to sell any of the parts separately?

Bike £200 as a max really.

Frame 50, forks 40, maguras 40-50, mechs 15, shifters 15, wheels 40-50. Other parts not a lot net of extortionate posting.

You need to weight up ease of selling complete for less v more work and more pennies

Many thanks,

Doesn't sound like it's worth splitting. Will check it out next time I'm back at my parents place and post on here if all is well.

Pictured is a cattleprod, circa 1992. The length probably reduces the market. The hanger increases it.

Worth anything from 5 to 25 quid depending on your luck.

Hunger from tend to be worth less, as they are ugly things.

Ahead - 'cattleheads' about the same price range.

coomber":2m1997pd said:
I think the hinged ones are worth more (cattleprod).

Looks pretty minty. Maybe search on here in the for sale section as must be others sold before.

Edit yes here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108839&p=797709&hilit=synchros#p797709

just want to see if this is viable, i recently purchased a 88 stumpy for the wife but shes not getting on with it, some of the parts ie wheels cranks ect i would like to keep, how much would the frame forks and brakes be worth if i decided to split the bike and give the frame and forks a fresh new powder coat before offering for sale, i have had the bike listed for sale at the price i paid for it with the hope of selling and using the money to buy another wife friendly steed but as yet no takers, so if its worth doing the frame idea then i would be going down that route and saving the nos wheels and crankset for my next build ;)

Attachments

• our bikes 014.JPG
    our bikes 014.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 571
painter09":1uuo8dxv said:
just want to see if this is viable, i recently purchased a 88 stumpy for the wife but shes not getting on with it, some of the parts ie wheels cranks ect i would like to keep, how much would the frame forks and brakes be worth if i decided to split the bike and give the frame and forks a fresh new powder coat before offering for sale, i have had the bike listed for sale at the price i paid for it with the hope of selling and using the money to buy another wife friendly steed but as yet no takers, so if its worth doing the frame idea then i would be going down that route and saving the nos wheels and crankset for my next build ;)

Frame and forks probably £60 or so, after a powdercoat maybe a tenner or so more, in reality the powdercoat route unless you can get it done for free, will only lose you money. It wont be original paint, and the choice of colour is a personal thing.

coomber":l12ycxgr said:
painter09":l12ycxgr said:

Frame and forks probably £60 or so, after a powdercoat maybe a tenner or so more, in reality the powdercoat route unless you can get it done for free, will only lose you money. It wont be original paint, and the choice of colour is a personal thing.
cheers for the reply will give it a bit of time see if it goes as a whole before deciding wether to split :D

Do you still own this Team Marin

uno-speedo":wijkml2l said:
Whats this Marin (Team?) worth in pretty close to stock specification? Full XT, Flite, Marin Rock Star tyres etc.

6247269468_a6d3c04ec6_b.jpg

Do you still own this Team Marin? I would be very interested in buying...

many thanks,

Matt Scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back