strange feelings

Isaac_AG":1x3b69kx said:
highlandsflyer":1x3b69kx said:
Well, without wishing to sound patronising, the idea is enabling YOU to get inside YOUR head.

Well that didn't happen either. I was very disillusioned by the whole idea of talk therapy, you talk to these people for an hour every week, and they grunt and say "mmmm" and "how did that make you feel" and "oh really" and then then you go home thinking well what has that achieved

Unfortunately you were referred to a totally useless psychiatrist. Moreover, the good ones are very few and far between. Good luck with the YOU helping yourself thing. I think its true but its bloody hard work... and lonely. Keep on keeping on x x x

"As a fellow recovering Catholic, I find the best thing is to go out for a bike ride when the guilt comes on. The combination of the natural endorphins and the natural surroundings are great for improving the mood and kicking the feelings of unspecified guilt into the long grass."

I shall follow that advice, and ride like the wind :D

jitensha":36nx0m9r said:
Isaac_AG":36nx0m9r said:
highlandsflyer":36nx0m9r said:
Well, without wishing to sound patronising, the idea is enabling YOU to get inside YOUR head.

Well that didn't happen either. I was very disillusioned by the whole idea of talk therapy, you talk to these people for an hour every week, and they grunt and say "mmmm" and "how did that make you feel" and "oh really" and then then you go home thinking well what has that achieved

Unfortunately you were referred to a totally useless psychiatrist. Moreover, the good ones are very few and far between. Good luck with the YOU helping yourself thing. I think its true but its bloody hard work... and lonely. Keep on keeping on x x x

Thanks :D Things are brighter now than they've ever been in the previous 45 years :D

Alison

Back