Need help buying something of eBay.co.uk

So you can't bid on UK-only items too then Bart? Looks like eBay did something with the latest update. Us foreigners are going to need to ask you UK-based people to bid for us now.

I got no problem bidding on someone elses behalf. although bart did say it was because the seller was unwilling to post abroad, I cant see the issue he would have, he still has to put it in an envelope and post it. the destination isnt his problem, its the postmans.

The problem is that the seller outlines delivery as USA, Europe, AU etc but wont send to Holland. Maybe he needs geography lessons! Anyway, I have helped Bart before with some frames, this will be a breeze by comparison! All bought and paid for (Bart is a top chap and paid me upfront) so will forward when they arrive.

Raging_Bulls":375d87ps said:
So you can't bid on UK-only items too then Bart? Looks like eBay did something with the latest update. Us foreigners are going to need to ask you UK-based people to bid for us now.

No, sometimes the seller excludes shipping outside the UK. And sometimes they just state they only send to the UK, but don't exclude foreigners to bid.

This one is really weird! He states he ships to EU and States, but excludes all those countries.... Strange!

stumpjumper1990":19lewwlb said:
Raging_Bulls":19lewwlb said:

No, sometimes the seller excludes shipping outside the UK. And sometimes they just state they only send to the UK, but don't exclude foreigners to bid.

This one is really weird! He states he ships to EU and States, but excludes all those countries.... Strange!

The common exclusion is Italy, because the postal service is so bad there it's just too much hassle. But Holland? I'm no expert on the world's posties, but I'm willing to bet Holland's are among the best. Maybe he just hates tulips?

PurpleFrog":nqlw3brf said:
stumpjumper1990":nqlw3brf said:
Raging_Bulls":nqlw3brf said:

The common exclusion is Italy, because the postal service is so bad there it's just too much hassle. But Holland? I'm no expert on the world's posties, but I'm willing to bet Holland's are among the best. Maybe he just hates tulips?

Or wooden shoes!?! We all use them every day!!

;) ;)

stumpjumper1990 Or wooden shoes!?! We all use them every day!!

I bet they are even more popular now with the Shimano spd version being available.

:shock: :D

Latest posts

Back