Identify Bike

finny7

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, long time reader tho, I'm trying to identify an 1990's diamondback model and get the specs on this bike. It was bought around 1996-1998 in the UK, its decals claim its a Diamondback arrival but I'm not totally convinced about that. It was my brothers bike and the decals are original, I'm thinking about replacing some of the parts and bringing it back to life as my daily commuter, the frame itself is very light but the components are entry level. Any help with this would be great. Do you guys think its worth getting back on the road, its in great condition and just needs some better components.

cheers,

Shaun

Attachments

• IMG_1072 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1072 (Small).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1076 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1076 (Small).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1078 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1078 (Small).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_1069 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1069 (Small).JPG
    50 KB · Views: 314
Greetings and welcome to the forum

I am a little confused by your post. If the decals are original then why are you questioning the validity of the model?

Steven

Thanks Steven, I'm trying to confirm model and see if I can locate the specs, not sure on the the exact year so hoping someone could clear that up.

It looks to me like a near-perfect commuter - dropouts for mudguards and a rack, rigid fork etc.

While those steel chainrings are heavy, they also last just about forever so make a good commuter choice! Steel mechs like Alivio are non-exotic but also last well too. The golden rule for cheap commuting is 'if it isn't broke don't fix it'. So run that stuff until it wears out. I'm always amazed at people who commute with costly shocks and XT drivetrain and cannot see the point. It all gets soaked and covered in road salt, so cheap and sturdy is the way to go. I'd add mudguards, rack and big lights and that would be all.

Wow
A mid 90's arrival
Probably low end acera or similar parts
Looks like an apro made frame

Latest posts

Back